Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » cerazette - unclear rules, urgent help needed..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cerazette - unclear rules, urgent help needed..
tallymaye
Neophyte
Member # 95664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tallymaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On Tuesday of last week, I missed a pill.

The following Tuesday, at 11pm, I had unprotected sex.

I am concerned as to whether I was protected, as it says use alternative barrier for seven days. I was at the end of day seven, so I assumed I was safe, but now I am not sure, and I am really, really scared...

Need to know asap so I can get the emergency contraception. I only have 24 hours left out of the 72 hour window.

thank you for your help.

Posts: 8 | From: Here | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen.

Emergency contraception can be effective up to 120 hours after a risk, though yes the sooner it is taken the higher the chances of it working.

A couple of questions for you:

are you taking the combined (estrogen and progesterone) pill or the progesterone only (mini) pill?

What did you do when you missed it? That is, did you make up the pill? If so, when?

It's generally not considered necessary to take emergency contraception if there was only one missed pill. For future reference, we generally suggest people use a back up birth control method for the rest of the cycle (until that pack is done) just to play it safe.

Here's more info on pill taking, with plenty of info on missed pills.

Three questions about taking the birth control pill (and plenty of answers)

[ 04-26-2012, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tallymaye
Neophyte
Member # 95664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tallymaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its a mimi pill I think, Cerazette.

And I took the other piill when I realised, but It was just past 12 hours :/

Thank you

Posts: 8 | From: Here | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.