Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: scared
guitar123
Neophyte
Member # 58550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guitar123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So first off I would like to say that I get entirely paranoid about many things in my life. Friday night I got intoxicated with my friends at a party and I blacked out for certain parts of the night. Myself and my friends included believe that I did not have any kind of intercourse whatsoever with any female there. But me being paranoid got extremely worried when my penis began to burn slightly when I urinated late last night and for most of today. I do have an uncircumsized penis so I was thinking it may be an infection, or I looked up the symptoms for herpes and I am extremely worried because that is an early sign. I was thinking of getting checked out, but can you put my mind at ease please!?
Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are having unusual symptoms, it is a good idea to get checked out by the doctor. As you say, it could well be a simple infection, but better to get anything checked out, whether it's an STI (sexually transmitted infection) or not.

Since there's no way to know for sure whether or not you had sexual interaction, it's a good idea to get this checked out and also get a complete STI screening. Have you been tested before?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guitar123
Neophyte
Member # 58550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guitar123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes but that was about 4 years ago
Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guitar123
Neophyte
Member # 58550

I read that herpes shows symptoms 2+ days to show any kind of symptoms and my symptoms did not show a full 2 days..Is it possible to rule it out? Sorry I just need some reassurance because I can't focus on extremely important things in my life with this on my mind.
guitar123
Neophyte
Member # 58550

Sorry 2+ days after exposure to infection.(although i doubt any exposure) and I had symptoms within the 2 day span
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first symptoms usually occur within one month but two days after exposure is early for symptoms. That said, STI testing should be done about a month after risk. It could, however, be sign of a UTI. I'd say getting in touch with a doctor to get things checked out is a good idea. It'll also likely give you some peace of mind.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haro12
Neophyte
Member # 95471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haro12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone, i was wondering if you could help me out? [Frown] PLs help put my mind at ease. I have been with my girl for 2 months now and we had alot of dry humping sessions, we always do it with underwear and pants on ( 2 layers for her and 2 for me) .. all this while we get wet pretty easily and for me my precum did soaked through my layers of clothes. I was afraid because she was wet too and my precum may contain sperm that may soak through and reaches her vagina??! Cos she was wet and does the wetness provide a medium for the sperm to go through??? PLEASE HELP IM DYING HERE [Frown] (( i learnt my lesson and plan to never do it ever again... and does breast sucking pose a risk of hiv/aids transmission, as far as i know, both of us do not have any STIs cos this is the furthest we have been with each other.. [Frown] PLS ASAP? ...

--------------------

Posts: 25 | From: Aus | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sperm cells are much too delicate to be able to travel through clothing, not matter how much bodily fluid from you both are present. So no, there's no risk of pregnancy here.

If your partner is not lactating, there is no risk of HIV transition through mouth-to-breast contact.

To make sure your questions don't get missed in the future, please may you start your own topic? [Smile] Thanks a lot.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haro12
Neophyte
Member # 95471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haro12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks ray [Smile] that put relaxed me a little.. im new here so yeah im still learning the posting stuffs.. Mind if you attend to my new post please? I would like some expert advice :/

--------------------

Posts: 25 | From: Aus | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haro12
Neophyte
Member # 95471

Im sorry ray i cant seem to start one right now as im running short on time to learn how to.. mind if we talk here for the time being? :/ hope you understand..

My partner is 17 just like me and uh, how to know if shes lactating or not? This is the first time we got this far so yeah..

And so to be sure, there is absolutely nothing i should be worried about the precum soaking through those layers of clothes and stuff? [Frown] sorry i just need assurance. thank you

--------------------

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lactating is when you start to produce breastmilk and happens during pregnancy; so if your partner isn't and has never been pregnant, she won't be making milk.

Have you both been fully tested for STIs? That sounds like it might be something that would put your mind at ease.

Absolutely sure about the pregnancy risk question. Sperm cells are very delicate; they just can't make it through clothes.

Here's a link about how to assess pregancy risks:

Pregnancy Risk Assessment

--------------------

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haro12
Neophyte
Member # 95471

thanks, but is it possible to transmit STIs if both our families are clean? As in.. free from any history of STIs transmission. My girl hasnt had sex with anyone or being involved in sexual activities. ( except for me ) .. and all she did was gave me a hand job and i sucked her nipples.. ) *sorry for explicit language [Frown]

--------------------

Haro12
Neophyte
Member # 95471

anyone? [Frown]

--------------------

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're short-handed with volunteers and staff right now, so instant responses aren't always possible. [Smile]

To answer your question: STIs aren't like other diseases where family history counts as a risk factor. STIs are sexually transmitted so they can be passed between people during sexual activity.

If you and your girlfriend are each other's first sexual partner then the possibility of having a STI is low. The sexual activities you described above do not pose a risk of STI transmission. Here at Scarleteen we bleieve that STI testing is part of routine health care if you're sexually active. So it is something you'll want to do at some point, particularly if you engage in other sexual activities.
Does this make sense?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

It's not explicit language; it's fine to talk about sexual activities here - talking about sex is what we do. [Smile]

Manual sex (often called 'handjobs') presents a low risk of STIs.

Having you partner's nipples in your mouth presents no risk in your case.

As that's all the sexual contact you've had, it's unlikely that either of you have an STI. However, as some STIs can be transfered in other ways, it's always a great idea to both be fully tested when you have a new sexual partner. That way, you know you're both in the clear and can relax.

Here's some more info for you:

Without Sexual Contact, could I have an STI?

Would you like me to help you look for somewhere which tests for STIs near to you?

--------------------

Haro12
Neophyte
Member # 95471

Thank you so much robin and ray,.. really you guys helped me alot.. for the past few days i was so depressed. Was so scared and worried to face the consequences, but now i realised neither of us were ready for all this and i plan to save it til next time instead.. gonna stop all this nonsense for now and focus on my studies.. i pray everyday that we will be okay.. like no early pregnancy and stuffs [Frown] so darnn scared.. so im cleared? No pregnancy and STI/HIV/AIDS risk (cos she did sucked my soaked pants.. )? [Embarrassed]

[ 04-06-2012, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: Haro12 ]

--------------------

Haro12
Neophyte
Member # 95471

As for the STIs, since both of us plan not to do it again.. is it still necessary? Since we're clean and uh.. not wanting our parents to find out [Frown] so yeah.. both of us currently studying in malaysia now.. so yeah [Frown] our parents are here too.. Because theyre very conservative. And this serves like a wake up call to both of us. We just wanna move on and focus on our dreams right now. We've stopped everything we've been doing so yeah, i just wanna leave it behind me after this reassurance.

[ 04-06-2012, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Haro12 ]

--------------------

Haro12
Neophyte
Member # 95471

anyone? :/

--------------------

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

There is no pregnancy risk from the sexual activities you've described.

When you say your girlfriend sucked you, are you saying she did it over your pants?

The STI risk is low for the activities you've described. It's completely up to you whether you want to be tested. Did you have a chance to read the article Rae linked you to?

--------------------
Robin

Haro12
Neophyte
Member # 95471

yeah she sucked over the pants and the underwear .. idk why but .... yeah i read pregnancy scared and the chicken soup one.. over and over again after class... my god.

Anyways, since you say so, then i dont think its necessary to get tested now then.

btw my girl called me this morning, and said she had her period. Her periods are pretty irregular and the last time she had it was around 15th march i think and we had our session on the 26th.. she told me her period this morning was thick red and she can feel her uterine walls contracting.. her period was supposed to come in 28 days right but now shes a week early so i was worried bcz i read that some women still do have their periods during pregnancy without realizing that they were pregnant. So for this time round can her period determine whether she is pregnant or not based on the description above? : thick red, uterine walls contracting.

Thanks for the speedy reply robin, thank you for all the info you provided and do shed some light on this asap? Thank you thank you.

[ 04-06-2012, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Haro12 ]

--------------------

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

The menstrual cycle is a tricky thing. For many women, sometimes the period comes late and sometimes early. The way it feels can also vary. None of this by itself is a cause for concern.

The number of women who have periods while pregnant is a lot lower than the stories on the Internet would have us believe. This, plus the fact that that the sexual activities you described do not lead to pregnancy, both tell us that her period coming is a good sign that she is *not* pregnant.

--------------------
Robin

Haro12
Neophyte
Member # 95471

*not* ?? what you mean *not* with the asterisk? lol. Im close to being completely relaxed. Just one more final step of reassurance [Smile]

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.