Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Condom stuck inside

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condom stuck inside
ShieldMaidenofRohan
Neophyte
Member # 71287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShieldMaidenofRohan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just had sex with my boyfriend, and when he pulled out we noticed that the condom was gone. I'm on the pill so I'm not worried about a possible pregnancy. What's really concerning me is that we can't find it anywhere. We searched the bed and surrounding area to make sure, and when we couldn't find it there we decided that it must be stuck inside me. I tried getting it out, but couldn't. Then he tried. We tried different positions and angles, but it's nowhere to be found. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, can I wait until then and ask my doctor to remove it, or is this something that I have to go to the emergency room for? I'm really worried, this hasn't happened before.
Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, the vaginal canal really isn't very long. When you looked for it (as it were) inside your vagina, were you bearing down, the way we do with muscles when we push out a bowel movement?

I ask, because if you were, that pushes the cervix down, so there's really only a few inches of depth, and were the condom inside your vagina, your partner would have been able to feel it with his fingers. If you did that and he didn't, it's very safe to assume it's not inside your body.

Obviously, we want to avoid ER visits or waiting to get seen if we need to be, so I'd suggest spending more time looking in the sheets and blankets, the room where you were.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShieldMaidenofRohan
Neophyte
Member # 71287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShieldMaidenofRohan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't bear down, so I'll try that next. We're looking through the room again just in case. If I can't find it, is there any risk in leaving it in for 2 days? Would I get sick? I looked online, but there was mixed information. I also went to the bathroom, and it may have fallen out then, but I didn't notice anything.
Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really, you wouldn't want to have anything in your vagina that wasn't approved for long-term use inside of it for more than 24 hours.

But like I said, it being inside your vagina -- especially once you're not aroused, and that canal is only the 2 or 3 inches long it is -- and your partner not being able to feel it at all with his fingers would be very, very unusual.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShieldMaidenofRohan
Neophyte
Member # 71287

I found it! Thanks so much, the bearing down trick worked. Thank you for your help [Smile]
Heather
Member # 3

YAY! [Smile] No trouble.

So, just for future reference, it's sage for your partner to check every few minutes - just takes a nanosecond -- that the condom is still on during use. For all that some folks go on and on about how condoms so, so change sensation, we know full well from times like these just how often it clearly doesn't, so it's wise to just give it a check every now and then.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.