Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » NEED HELP before 72 hr deadline....in at 33 hours

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEED HELP before 72 hr deadline....in at 33 hours
*leila*
Neophyte
Member # 95433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *leila*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just moved to a while back Dubai, wasnt aware until now that there are no ECs around here....

I saw another post by someone in dubai who was recommended to take mucrogynon but its discontinued...
I got a list from a pharmacist of the available BCPs here in Dubai, Could someone tell me which one to pick and the dosage etc etc!!??

list:
Gynera
Yasmin
Yas
Diane certified
Marvelon
Bilara
Gracial
Mono hormone- cerazette

--------------------
AR

Posts: 9 | From: dubai | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to let you know, I've seen this, and will get back to you as soon as I can find out.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*leila*
Neophyte
Member # 95433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *leila*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Ray

--------------------
AR

Posts: 9 | From: dubai | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm using this: http://ec.princeton.edu/worldwide/default.asp at the moment, but I wasn't sure if Dubai was a city or a country?

--------------------

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Oh, wait, sorry, here's some info on where you are: http://ec.princeton.edu/countryquery.asp

--------------------

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

If you'd like to post your postal or zip code (or email it at raeATscarleteenDOTcom) I can what's near you in terms of those BCPs?

[ 03-31-2012, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: Saffron Reimi ]

--------------------

*leila*
Neophyte
Member # 95433

we dont have zip or postal codes here.But Dubai is a country in UAE. - United Arab Emirates

I read just now that marvelon can be used as a EC. I read it on this link:

http://www.cecinfo.org/UserFiles/File/Frontiers%20Asia%20ECP_manual2.pdf

Can you please verify or let me know if there is a better BCP in the list given to act as an EC?

--------------------
AR

*leila*
Neophyte
Member # 95433

Sorry Dubai is a city in UAE.

I just went on the link you posted those products are discontinued :S atleast logynon and microgynon are...

--------------------
AR

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this the list you looked at?

quote:
Emergency Contraception in United Arab Emirates
Oral Contraceptives used for EC / Progestin Only
Take 50 pills within 120 hours after unprotected sex:
Microval

Oral Contraceptives used for EC / Progestin-Estrogen Combined
Note: in 28-day packs, only the first 21 pills can be used
Take 2 pills within 120 hours after unprotected sex and take 2 more pills 12 hours later:
Neogynon

Take 4 pills within 120 hours after unprotected sex and take 4 more pills 12 hours later:
Logynon (take ochre pills only)
Microgynon-30
Nordette

Are any of these available for you? If you are not sure, you can all a pharmacy and ask?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*leila*
Neophyte
Member # 95433

yeah none of them are available, I asked them about all the ones you just mentioned. I saw that in the link you gave me.

--------------------
AR

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

I'm so sorry about this, Leila. It looks like the EC website is outdated with it's info for Dubai. That link you found about Marvelon seems like a reliable one - but I can't say for sure as I can't find more info. I'm still trying to find more info on Marvelon as EC for you. Hang in there.

[ 03-31-2012, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Saffron Reimi ]

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

I have a nurse calling me back about Marvelon, hopefully it will be very soon. I've also emailed the group from the link you gave me asking them for more info on what we've read.

Are you okay, Leila?

[ 03-31-2012, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: Saffron Reimi ]

--------------------

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Leila: another option is to get a copper IUD fitted. You won't have to say it was for EC purposes, only for contraception. It will work as EC if you have it inserted within 5 days of the pregnancy risk.

--------------------

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

I can now confirm that Marvelon can be used as emergency contraception. To use it as EC you need to take 4 pills as soon as possible after the unprotected sex (and up to 120 hours, but the soonest it is taken, the more effective it will be) and then after 12 hours take another 4 pills.

If you wanted to be double-safe, you could get a copper IUD fitted in addition to this.

[ 03-31-2012, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Saffron Reimi ]

--------------------

*leila*
Neophyte
Member # 95433

Thanks Ray,

I just got some Marvelon and I'm taking it now. sorry for getting back to you so late.

Its wierd because after it happened i was okay mentally/emotionally but it's slowly hitting me...

I lost my virginity and it wasn't even completely consensual, I can't say i understand what happened last night because I have been in a couple of situations like this and I always said no but I don't know what happened.....

back to the subject...thanks for telling me about the IUD I'll look into it but i don't think i'll have much luck with it since tomorrow is a week day etc.

Also since im on here, I wanted to know- I bled a little after sex and then it stopped but today in the evening I saw blood with my urine- a decent amount but not too much. Is that normal??

--------------------
AR

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

If you said no, and the other person ignored that and carried on, we're talking about a sexual assault here. Would you like to tell me a little more about that?

No worries about the IUD - they can be fitted up to eight days after a risk.

Per the bleeding, that can happen when we, or a partner, are being too rough; there not being enough lubricant involved (from a tube or a bottle); or us not feeling very aroused/and or wanting to engage in that kind of sex right at that moment in time. Also, have you been fully tested for STIs recently?

[ 03-31-2012, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Saffron Reimi ]

--------------------

*leila*
Neophyte
Member # 95433

I did say no but I would have to say I wasn't assertive enough...I knwo these things can be gray and it could fall into sort a sense of sexual assault. But out here in this country, more likely than not i would either get in trouble or authorities could care less...and besides there would be no proof since i've had a bath and washed off all evidence...again I know thats how it works in the States but i don't know about that out here...The way I see it, unless you recommend otherwise, is to just move on with my life and not let it affect me too much

in having to do with the bleeding, I was not aroused and we didnt use lubricants either so i would think that the bleeding is because of that??
Is that going to be a problem for me?? Im still minutely soar but it doesnt bother me one but so perhaps it's not too bad?

I did have a Papsmear last year that came out clear since i was sexually inactive. And I have not been sexually active until this event. not even orally.

could I contract a STI and show symtoms so quickly?

Thank you so much for helping me out...I truly appreciate the amount of comfort you giving me right now!

--------------------
AR

Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really symptoms generally take a while to show. A person can be tested though after one month. So it would be a good thing to look into.

Whether or not someone is assertive when saying no does not change the fact that no means nothing but no. I don't know much about Dubai, or what reporting would be like there. Do you have a close relative you may be able to talk to about this? Someone that may be able to help you in finding out what reporting would be like or what it may be like there? Per moving on - is there someone you can talk with that may help you work through any feelings you have about this? A counselor you may be able to see if you feel that may be helpful?

Is there something we can to do help you through anything you're feeling? We'll do whatever we can.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*leila*
Neophyte
Member # 95433

So I will check my self for the STI in a while. I told my best friend(she's like my sister) about the whole thing I feel much better about it.

I do have some friends here out in dubai who I can talk to about the reporting etc but I don't want to. I'm not scared or to do it or anything and i'm surprised to say that im dealing with it quiet calmly and rationally.Apart from not getting him in trouble for something that i feel was kind of consensual I also don't want my parents to know. they are conservative.

I sent him a message to him last night and he got back to me so atleast my first time won't be with a complete and utter stranger. I dont expect anything from him but I would like to know him as a person at least.

I took both doses of marvelon and i have to say im glad i didnt have any side affects [Smile] one good thing out of all this

I will definitely let you know if anything else comes up. I truly appreciate your help, Im glad that I had the chance to find your website and get this help. It acctually remind me of my job as an RA in the State except im on the other side of the table [Smile]

Let me know if there is any way i could also help since i have a little experience with helping people get through things as well.

--------------------
AR

Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's great you have such a great friend and that they're there for you. And just know, everyone deals through things differently - and not everyone wants to report - we just like to make sure everyone knows they have the option and how to go about it should they want/choose to. Glad to hear you're doing okay [Smile] .

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*leila*
Neophyte
Member # 95433

Thanks! [Smile]

--------------------
AR

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.