Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Herpes???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Herpes???
Lildeviouz
Neophyte
Member # 81196

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Lildeviouz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need some serious help...

Iv been very sick for a few months, and now I have herpes gingivostomatitis which is very painful. That's not what worries me though, it's the fact that the same day I had this outbreak, which Iv had once before when I was young, I also began to have some sort of an issue around my vagina. I'm 26, dating a 22 year old, and we have been dating steady for 5 months, but I also cheated on him, but I used condoms. I have a small red very painful bump on the inside of my labia and it's getting bigger, but it's the only one. I also have a tear right below my hole from intercourse that has started to heal funny and is also extremely painful and now bumpy. I can't get a good look at it, and I'm afraid to let anyone look at it except my boyfriend but is it possible that it could be herpes of a different strain from being introduced after a blow job and sex? I'm sorry this is really rambly but I'm freaking out that I might have actual herpes. Please please help...

--------------------
Lilmzdeviouz

Posts: 7 | From: Alberta | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lildeviouz
Neophyte
Member # 81196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lildeviouz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I'm 16, like I said, panicking.

--------------------
Lilmzdeviouz

Posts: 7 | From: Alberta | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lilmzdeviouz,

It's really iportant that you go to see a doctor. Regardless of what this is, it needs to be looked at. Tears especially can be prone to infection.

Do you have a doctor you can see, or a clinic close by that you can go to?

Using condoms does not protect completely against herpes transmission.

I'm going to give you a couple of articles on Herpes, but again it's really iportant that you have this checked out so you can know what you're dealing with. Know too that that there are two main strains of Herpes, HSV-1 and HSV-2.

Are coldsores herpes?

The STI Files: Herpes

HPV & Herpes: Why Safer Sex Isn't Always Safe Enough

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lildeviouz
Neophyte
Member # 81196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lildeviouz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes but I can't see my family doctor until late April. The doctor at the clinic won't inspect me because he is a 25 year old male who is a family friend, but he said what's in my mouth is symplex 1 but is it possible for it to change when it transfers from oral to vaginal? Or is it possible to have symplex 1 be down there?

--------------------
Lilmzdeviouz

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The doctor cannot refuse to see you. I suggest you make an appointment to be seen, as waiting for another month and a half is not a good idea at this point.

We cannot really make any medical diagnoses here. Only a doctor can. Which is why it is important to be seen by one.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.