Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Silly or not?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Silly or not?
anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anael1238     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took my pill as usual and maybe ten to fifteen minutes later, brushed my teeth. I guess I was doing it a bit to vigorously and my gag reflex kind kicked in. There's no way my pill could have been brought back up or anything right?>< I spit out the toothpaste an bubble and stuff after that's why. Sorry if this is a silly question [Frown]
Posts: 99 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you spit it out, I imagine you would have seen the pill. [Smile]

Sounds like it was more of a gag than a ffull on vomiting, so the pill was, I suspect, already in your digestive system doing its work.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anael1238     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it was a gag. I didn't spit out anything solid. It was all bubbly and frothy like normal toothbrushing stuff ><
Posts: 99 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, then, it was nothing that came up from your digestive system. You're just fine with your pill.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

Lately I've been doing that a lot when I take my pill, feel the need to gag. I don't vomit or anything, nothing comes up. but sometimes I gag right after I swallow the pill or a few minutes afterward. So I drink a lot of water when I take it. Just to clarify, gagging doesnt do anything to the pill once its on the body right, so long as I don't vomit it up?

Any tips on taking the pill without gagging? [Frown]

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Do you have this problem with other pills? Lots of people have problems swallowing pills in general, which is why I ask.

And yes, as long as you don't vomit it up, gagging has no effect on you taking the pill.

I've known people to take their pills (of any kind) with juice or milk to mask the taste. Do you think this might be part of it for you?

In your post above you mentioned brushing your teeth as causing the gag reflex. Do you always brush your teeth right after you take your pill?

--------------------
Robin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.