Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » can sperm go through clothes?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can sperm go through clothes?
georgia123
Neophyte
Member # 95491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for georgia123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello,
how many clothes can sperm go through? if you was dry humping with four layers of clothing (jogging bottoms/jeans and pants. jeans/leggings) could this get you pregnant?

Posts: 9 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
georgia123
Neophyte
Member # 95491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for georgia123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry im just really curious
Posts: 9 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sperm really can't go through any clothing and remain intact enough to lead to pregnancy. Sperm need the fluid they're in (semen) in order to move and so soaking through clothing just isn't going to do it. Add to that that sperm need a very specific environment, including temperature to survive, and they're just not going to impregnate through clothing. The only exception might be if there was just a light pair of underwear, like a thong, that could move in which case the semen would come into contact with the bare vulva (outside of the genitals).

Does this make sense?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
georgia123
Neophyte
Member # 95491

yes that did, thank you!

so basically dry humping cannot lead to pregnancy? also if it did leak through the males underwear would the sperm be dead?

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
exactly. Dry humping doesn't lead to pregnancy.

Here's the lowdown on which activities are pregnancy risks and which aren't:

NO Pregnancy Risks

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
georgia123
Neophyte
Member # 95491

thank you so much!! [Smile] this has put my mind at ease thank you!!
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're most welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

georgia123
Neophyte
Member # 95491

also i have one more question, i have been so stressed latley and im due to have my period this week and it hasnt came.

saying if i stoppped worrying and stressing now. when should my period be here?

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

It's really up to your body when your period comes.

Do you keep track of the dates of your periods?

For some people periods come after the same number of days each month; for others it varies, sometimes a little and sometimes a lot.

So when your period comes really depends on your body. Not something anyone can predict. *gentle smile*

--------------------
Robin

georgia123
Neophyte
Member # 95491

yes i do and i was due sometime this week but because of the stress and anxiety i think it has been delayed and making me more stressed because it hasnt arrived.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.