Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Came a little and kept going (with condom)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Came a little and kept going (with condom)
Jimmy
Neophyte
Member # 81909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimmy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I've cut out the unprotected sex but during intercourse I think a tiny bit came out into the condom. It was on tight and proper but I am a bit concerned by keeping going it could make its way out the base.

Is this unlikely? About 5 min later I came a little more and then fully almost immefiatly after, so there def wasnt much in the bit that came out im concerned about. I think it was just a tiny bit of liquid, poss mixed with precum. Ie just enough to make my head a bit wet.

I was on top and are hoping the condom kept it all in or it wasnt enough to come out. After it was dry on my shaft.

Is there a risk here or anything to be worried about? Next time ill change condoms to be safe.

Jim

Posts: 22 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Condoms are designed with a resevoir tip so that your fluids go into it, rather than having nowhere else to go or causing a condom to bust. Condoms are also designed to hold those fluids, so it's okay for fluids to come out inside of a condom.

So, if you had your condom on properly, then no, your fluids are not going to go up to the base of the condom.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimmy
Neophyte
Member # 81909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimmy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool so its unlikely the small amount of fluid would be pushed down or come out the base if we continued intercourse for 5 min? :-)

Ps- thanks for such quick reply!

Posts: 22 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When a condom is on properly, it's unlikely even a full ejaculation would be, or that fluid would go to the base of the condom if intercourse went on for an hour.

Again, condoms are designed to contain your fluids during intercourse. And they've done that job well for a mighty long time at this point. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimmy
Neophyte
Member # 81909

Thanks Heather :-)
Heather
Member # 3

Anytime! [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Jimmy
Neophyte
Member # 81909

I was just thinking though. I have had times when the semens gone doen the sides but got caught. Is it still unlikely to go beyondf the base and even then is proper contact/pregnancy unlikely with just a little bit of cum? Sorry im still a little concerned and want to resolve this :-)
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Condoms have been shown to be 98% effective at preventing pregnancy with perfect use, and 85% effective at preventing pregnancy with typical use.

So, they're really good at catching the fluid and keeping it in the condom. [Smile]

As to whether a little bit of semen could make someone pregnant, it's not really something that can be predicted, so the simple answer is yes.

Really though, it sounds like the condom is containing semen just fine. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilerse
Activist
Member # 46007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilerse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is just for volunteers but I just have a question to add to it: Couldn't ejaculating and continuing be problematic IF the male was no longer erect after ejaculation? Since the condom could slip off and semen could get out?
Posts: 219 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the condom should be removed while the penis is still erect or mostly so.

Some people still have an erection for a while after ejaculation and some don't so folks have to do what works with their body and, of course, what is safe with the condom.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.