Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » A bit concerned

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A bit concerned
Beegirl
Neophyte
Member # 94273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Scarleteen,

I'm just getting a bit concerned because my period is late.
I don't think I had any sexual activity that would pose a pregnancy risk.
On the 1st and 2nd of January, my boyfriend and I engaged in dry and manual sex. We had all our clothes on and I also had a pad on because I was on my period.
He only ejaculated when we engaged in manual sex and even then we had all our clothes on and I washed my hands immediately so did my boyfriend.
My period was suppose to come around the 28th of Jan.
I took a pregnancy to ease my mind yesterday the 31st of Jan.
It came out negative but I am still a bit concerned.

Thank you!

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you seen this post yet, Beegirl?

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/006958.html

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9187 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beegirl
Neophyte
Member # 94273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the fast reply.
Yes I have and Im still concerned because I've never missed a period for the month. Also did I take the pregnancy test too fast?
Sorry for being such a paranoid girl.

Thank you.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can take a pregnancy test once your period is late. So, no, you did not take it too early.

How do you track your periods? Are they usually regular?

This article gives some possible explanations for late periods: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9187 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beegirl
Neophyte
Member # 94273

Yes my periods are usually regular. I use an app on my iPhone called ptracker to record my periods. Is it safe to rule out pregnancy since the test came out negative?
Thank you!

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

The situation you described does not pose a pregnancy risk, and you had a negative test, so you can rule out pregnancy as a reason for your late period. Does anything else in the article I gave you sound like it may be the explanation?

Mind, sometimes periods are also just late for no reason. Even someone who usually has regular periods can have a weird cycle on occasion. That's not really a big deal.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Beegirl
Neophyte
Member # 94273

Thank you for the information!
I read the article and maybe the only thing that I could relate to is stress.
My mind is somewhat at ease but I can't help but to think what if I am pregnant.
I'm just being too paranoid.
Thank you for your helpfulness!!

Beegirl
Neophyte
Member # 94273

I'm getting a bit agitated because my period still hasn't shown up yet.
I took another pregnancy test last Saturday and it was negative. I did drink a lot of coffee before taking the test if that effects the test.

I also took one tonight and it was negative.

I also started to spot brownish/light pink discharge last night and I thought it was my period coming but the whole day today I had nothing but brown discharge.
What could this be?

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coffee will not affect the results of a pregnancy test, and with multiple negative tests (and no risk to start with), you can be very, very sure that pregnancy is not the reason for your period being late. As September said, sometimes cycles can go a bit wonky for no apparent reason, but stress can also be a factor.

Sometimes a couple of days of spotting can happen before a period really gets going, so it could be that this is the beginning of your period. Even if it isn't, spotting can happen occasionally due to things like hormone fluctuations. At this point, the best thing you can do for yourself is to try to relax and let your body sort itself out.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5775 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.