Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I'm honestly really scared.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm honestly really scared.
foreverlovekim
Neophyte
Member # 94405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverlovekim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really scared that I'm pregnant. I've read all the articles here, but I'm still scared. From what I've done, apparently there's no risk of pregnancy, but I have symptoms that say otherwise. My period started Jan. 19th and ended on the 24th, and then my boyfriend and I fooled around on the 27th. He had pre-ejaculate on his hand (which he wiped off on his shirt) and then proceeded to finger me, but didn't go into my vagina. I gave him oral afterward. The next day I started to feel sick, I've been having stomach cramps and bloating which have lasted this whole week, and some nausea. Are these signs of pregnancy? We're both virgins by the way.

[ 02-04-2012, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: foreverlovekim ]

Posts: 4 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're absolutely right that there was no risk.

It's also important to know that you wouldn't be feeling pregnancy symptoms so soon after any kind of sexual activity, risk or no risk.

Take a deep breath. Really. Anxiety can contribute to the icky feelings you're having.

When you say you're both virgins, are you meaning that neither of you has had sexual intercourse? Just as an FYI, that does not have any impact on whether or not you could be pregnant. That's only determined by the activity you engage in, and, as you've read, there is no risk form the activities you've described here.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverlovekim
Neophyte
Member # 94405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverlovekim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neither one of us has had sexual intercourse. Should I still go to the doctor concerning my symptoms?
And he doesn't remember if he wiped it off completely, does that change anything?

[ 02-04-2012, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: foreverlovekim ]

Posts: 4 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it doesn't matter if he wiped it or not, though it's really good practice to wash hands before sexual activities to avoid bacteria. [Smile]

It's a good idea for you to go to the doctor if you don't feel well for a long period of time, regardless of what the symptoms are or why they might be happening. Again, though, you did not have sexual activity that poses a pregnancy risk and it's not possible for your symptoms to be pregnancy related anyway. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverlovekim
Neophyte
Member # 94405

Thank you so much! So I am definitely not pregnant?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy is not something you need to be concerned about, no.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverlovekim
Neophyte
Member # 94405

Thank you. I went to my doctor and asked her, and she said that I could not have gotten pregnant without penetration. I trust my doctor and don't want to doubt her, but is that right?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.