Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Stopping Birth Control Pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stopping Birth Control Pill
nayit
Neophyte
Member # 47861

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nayit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello

I was on Microgynon from Dec 3rd onwards (1st day of my period) and took the pill everyday as directed.On the 3rd of jan(I was on my 2nd pack of pills) I had sex with my boyfriend,we used a condoms and later checked the condom for damage of any kind to be sure.

Since the 3rd of Jan I did not engage in any sexual activity and after my withdrawal bleed on the 2nd pack of pills (on 24th Jan),I stopped the pill as I was given a 2 month dosage.
Its silly to even ask but just to put my mind at ease as Scarleteen always has,do I run any sort of pregnancy risk?

I have taken both the packs as directed,at the same time everyday without a late/missed pill.

Posts: 35 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, your effectiveness from the pill hasn't been compromised (still over 99%), as the last time you had the kind of sex that presents a risk was way before you stopped taking the pill. However, obviously you know need more pills and to wait for a whole pack until you use the pills as your sole form of birth control. Alternatively, you can look into getting another form of contraception.

[ 02-04-2012, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: Saffron Reimi ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.