Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Vaginal swelling

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vaginal swelling
anonymous2718
Neophyte
Member # 93962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anonymous2718     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, so I just noticed a swelling about twice the size of my fingertip on my vaginal wall. It's soft when I poke it, and it's about 3 inches in. It doesn't hurt directly or when I touch it, but I do have some generalized pelvic soreness. I know it's not my cervix because I can feel all the way around it. What could this be and do I need to see a doctor? Please keep in mind that I'm still living with my parents and may have trouble asking to see a gynecologist. I'm not trying to flip out, but I'm really, really worried. Thanks so much.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you give me a few more details about this and your health and healthcare history in general?

For instance, have you had any kind of genital sex before? If so, have you ever had basic OB/GYN care and STI testing?

How's your health overall?

The pelvic soreness: can you explain what that feels like? Like menstrual cramps, or something else? Also, what you're feeling deep within your vagina: this is new? In other words, however you are feeling that with your hands, you've routinely felt the back of your vagina before and this wasn't there?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anonymous2718
Neophyte
Member # 93962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anonymous2718     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen a gyno before and am kinda scared too, but I know I should. My health's fine, I haven't been majorly sick in a really long time. The soreness isn't always there and a dull achey feeling, I don't really know how to describe it. And the thing I'm finding, it's definitely new within the past month or two. I feel like I freak out alot but i don't know what to do. Thanks for helping. [Smile]
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, before now, you have had your fingers inside your vagina enough to know that this is very different?

If so, regardless of your sexual history, and because you're also having that pain, I would suggest seeing a gynecologist. Do you want to talk about why you feel scared about that and how you can get that care, either by talking to your parents or without bringing them into this?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anonymous2718
Neophyte
Member # 93962

Yeah, I know that it's new and weird.
I just don't like people in my business, and my parents are judgmental, I'd really rather not have them involved. they'd be more ok if it were just a health thing but i've been dating someone for a few months so I'm worried they'd ask questions about my sexual history. And I'd rather not have that.
I know i can go to planned parenthood, but the closest one is pretty far. Where else can I get care?

Heather
Member # 3

I undertsand.

Do you mind sharing your zip code with me? I'd be happy to help you look for sexual healthcare in your area.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.