Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Still a little scared! Please Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Still a little scared! Please Help!
akapinknailsaka
Neophyte
Member # 93788

Icon 9 posted      Profile for akapinknailsaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok so this is my second post, sorry if this is too much but i have another question. Just a little background info: Me and my bf had protected sex on January 11. I was expecting my period on the January 14. It is now the 18 of January. My last period was on December 12. I have been exercising and eating differently (better) the past two weeks.

Ok so when we had sex he did not ejaculate but the condom might have broken. We do not think it broke while inside me, I think it rubbed against something and it snagged it or something, but we are still getting nervoused. He usually can tell if it breaks and we are always careful. Any one have any advice or anything please? Am I overreacting or something? I have been stressing alot the past few days. Nothing seems out of the normal, but the past few days my stomach has felt a little churny or something near the top of my stomach (not the lower part). I cant tell if they are cramps or not because usually i do not get those during pms. Please Help!

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your stomach is feeling churny towards the top, that's your actual stomach (or possibly another part of your digestive system), not just the general area that we call stomach that tends to include anything in the abdominal area. So, it's not menstrual cramps, specifically, though some folks do get an upset stomach before or during their periods.

As we said in your other thread, your risk sounds pretty low at this point. It's too soon, however, to take a pregnancy test. We usually suggest, for the most accurate results, if someone is concerned about pregnancy to take a test about 14 days after the risk occurred.

For future reference, it's okay to continue your questions in the same thread in the same forum. That way, you can keep track of the answers you get.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akapinknailsaka
Neophyte
Member # 93788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for akapinknailsaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok.. And thank you for being patient with me [Smile]
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When condoms do break, they tend to look very obviously broken - like a popped balloon. Did it look like that?

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akapinknailsaka
Neophyte
Member # 93788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for akapinknailsaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no it did not, it looked normal, but at the end he checked it and it was a tiny hole in it... but no more worries my period came on today! thank you both sooo much for helping me out!!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.