Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregnancy Scare :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy Scare :(
c3l1n31234
Neophyte
Member # 87420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for c3l1n31234         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone could help me with this I would appreciate it so much.

Last month my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. He didn't think that he came inside me, but just to be safe his mom got me Plan B and I took it the next morning. On October 15 I got my period and it lasted for about a week. Usually it comes at the beginning or end of the month but I wasn't concerned about it. It was a pretty normal period. Afterwards there was some dark discharge in my underwear for a few days but it went away.
Now it's November 16 and I haven't gotten my period yet. I'm not on any kind of birth control. Is there a chance I could be pregnant? Or am I just freaking myself out? I looked some stuff up and I read something that said even if you get your period you could still be pregnant...please help me. I don't know what to do.

[ 11-16-2011, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: c3l1n31234 ]

Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How regular are your periods usually? And how long do your cycles usually last from day one of one period to day one of the next?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
c3l1n31234
Neophyte
Member # 87420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for c3l1n31234         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are not regular to the exact date, I don't think, but they come at around the same time. I'm not sure of the exact number of days because I don't keep track. I've never been sexually active before that one time.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, it sounds like it's not even been 30 days since the last time you had what appeared to be, and probably was, a period. That given, unless, as you recall, your usual cycles tend to be much shorter than that period of time, I'd not sweat this.

Instead, I'd give it another week or so, and then, just in case, you can go ahead and take a pregnancy test if you're still worried.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
c3l1n31234
Neophyte
Member # 87420

Do you think there could be a chance that I am pregnant, though? And if so, for what reasons?

I'm sorry if I'm being silly or asking unnecessary questions, I'm just really worried.

Heather
Member # 3

We understand feeling worried, it's okay.

Emergency contraception is not 100% effective, and is less effective than a method like the birth control pill or even a condom, in perfect use. So, yes, there is always still a change of pregnancy.

But given that it sounds like you had a normal period, it seems very unlikely you became pregnant.

However, it sounds pretty clearly you don't want to become pregnant, so moving forward, are you intending to keep having intercourse? If so, do you need any help with how to assert yourself in using condoms with your boyfriend, or with also looking into another reliable form of contraception?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

c3l1n31234
Neophyte
Member # 87420

We had sex again about a week later, but this time wearing a condom, and he didn't come that time either. Would that affect anything at all?

And so is it possible to have your period but then still be pregnant?

I don't know if I'm going to keep having intercourse for awhile, but if I do are there any articles on here about that stuff that I should read?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.