Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » implantation bleeding? Worried she's pregnant.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: implantation bleeding? Worried she's pregnant.
speakerhead12
Neophyte
Member # 52234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for speakerhead12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so this has been a more rough month than usual for my girlfriend in terms of birth control timeliness.

It started out on the day she was supposed to start a new pack of birth control. We had had sex that day, didn't think anything of it, until she couldn't find her birth control. I didn't think anything would be wrong, but I wanted to be safe, so we got a morning after pill and she took it that night.

So fast forward to now. She normally is spot on with the pill at the same time everyday, but this month she's been a little off. Has never completely missed a pill by a day, but has been off by a few hours pretty frequently. We had sex this past Saturday night, but I did not ejaculate inside of her. I still didn't think this was a big deal until today when she said that she had "orange discharge". Being the hypochondriac I am, I immediately thought of implantation bleeding. She said that she was pretty sure it wasn't blood and that everything was ok, but I'm still a little worried.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Posts: 15 | From: montana | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi speakerhead, welcome to ST.

It's very rare to have bleeding with implantation. Have you read this yet? About Implantation Bleeding

Also, if your partner has not missed a pill by a day, your risk is very low here, as taking the pill within a window of a few hours is still counted as perfect use. As you also used the withdrawal method with perfect use, we can say you've had a 99.98% effectiveness rate if it's the combined pill your parter has been taking, or a 99.99% effectiveness rate if it's the minipill. So, we can say that your risk is pretty close to zero here.

On top of that, different colored discharge - such as orange and yellow - is very common. It may be a sign of a very common infection, so your partner might want to check in with their doctor about that if the have any concerns. However, if they've recently had a period, leftover blood may have discoloured the discharge, which is also very common.

Here are some more links to check out:

Questions about the Pill, including taking it on Time

Your Guide to Vaginal Discharge

[ 11-17-2011, 03:30 AM: Message edited by: RaeRay2112 ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.