Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Miscariage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Miscariage
Nicole94**
Neophyte
Member # 70342

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole94**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi scarleteen,
I am sixteen, I was recently late for a couple of months. My boyfriend and I had thought i was pregnant. I did show alot of signs of pregnancy and I really thought i was pregnant. We even got to the stage of being so comfortable with it that we were arguing about names. During the last couple months of me being late i would get these horrible pains while doing work which then i slowed down on doing so much work, it got to the point where it would hurt during intercourse. We soon suspected something was wrong, but before that i had a UTI, but i do not know if that is important or not. IT soon got to the point where we thought i had a ectopic frequencies, which i was also experiencing alot of those signs, along with similar signs due to a miscarriage. focusing on my symptoms we focused are attention to the ectopic pregnencies... soon i then got my period, he was ecstatic... i was in alot of emotional pain those last months were very hard and my thoughts of being pregnant ended in the last couple of weeks till i got my period i then was still concerned and my boyfriend thought i was just late. He soon suspected when talking to his friends about and they said they think i had a miscarriage... I did experience white fluid before i had my period which i didn't really think much of, i also had alot of blood clot and so on... what could this all mean....???

--------------------
*Sasha*

Posts: 3 | From: AZ | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nicole, did you see a doctor in any of this? Missing your period for several months in a row is something that you should talk to a doctor about, as is sudden, unexplained pain.

If you haven't seen a doctor, my suggestion would be that you make an appointment to talk about all of this, as well as your concerns that you may have been pregnant.

Also, are you two using any sort of protection? If not, would like you some help in picking a method of protection that is right for you?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole94**
Neophyte
Member # 70342

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole94**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. i have not seen a doctor at all... and in the beggining of the relationship we were always having safe sex by using condoms. It is hard for me to see the doctor becuase i have been recently been pulled off of my families insurance and my parents have no idea that i am having sex with my boyfriend so i really wanted to stay away from the doctors.
Posts: 3 | From: AZ | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a smart idea to get regular reproductive health care, regardless of whether you are currently sexually active. So, if that's an option, you can talk to your parents about helping you make an appointment with a gynecologist. You don't have to tell them about your concerns, you can just let them know you want to have your first check-up. Anything that you wind up discussing with your doctor is confidential, so you don't have to worry about your parents finding out.

Another option would be to visit a clinic such as Planned Parenthood or similar. Many of those clinics charge on a sliding scale, so you can afford to pay for it even without insurance.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.