Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Implantation Bleeding?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Implantation Bleeding?
yellowstarlady
Neophyte
Member # 70090

Icon 11 posted      Profile for yellowstarlady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently stopped taking birth control pills on June 10th. I stopped mid-pack because my doctor told me that I could because I was having breakthrough bleeding and had been since June 6th. I had my normal withdrawal/period from June 11th to 14th. I am sexually active but use condoms EVERY time and they have never broken (at least we have never noticed and my boyfriend always looks.) I had sex on the 17th, 19th and 25th. All of those times we used condoms and he did finish inside. When I was off the pill I could tell when I was ovulating from my mucus and I saw that on Friday the 24th. Today I noticed some blood when I went to the bathroom. It's more than spotting but less than a period. It feels like this could be the beginning of my period (similar symptoms) but I am not supposed to start my period for about 9 days. I know that stopping the pill can make your periods irregualr and especially stopping mid-pack. I have also had a very stressful couple of weeks and I know that can contribute to menstrual irregularities. I am nervous that this is implantation bleeding and that I am pregnant. Do you think I am or is this just my body getting used to being off the pill?

[ 06-30-2011, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: yellowstarlady ]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Implantation bleeding actually DOESN'T happen in most pregnancies - only about 1/3 of women who become pregnant will experience it. To boot, it doesn't sound like you've had any significant pregnancy risk to be concerned about. Some irregularity is to be expected when coming off the pill, so I'd say this is just your body re-adjusting to its usual cycle, and it could take a few months.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5658 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.