Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: worried
rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rldove13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been getting alot of headaches and pms symptoms early (I am on the birth control pill and my period will arrive on Saturday the 9th of July). Today I noticed that I have a tender spot on my stomach. I told my mother (who is a RN) and she said it could be alot of things. One of them being an egg is releasing from your ovary and the second...ectopic pregnancy. I was already concerned about pregnancy before this happened. The only reason I am concerned is that my boyfriend would ejaculate and hes cleans himself off with a tissue. I am worried that some of his sperm missed being cleaned off and stayed on his finger which he proceeded to finger me with. This happened multiple times. There was another time when we rubbed genitals but I made him wash off before hand. I would just really like to know if I actually have a risk here or am I just making a mountain out of a mo-hill, Thank you so much!

--------------------
Thanks so much!
Becca

Posts: 136 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The pill is incredibly effective at preventing pregnancy when taken properly, and to boot, it doesn't sound like you've had a significant pregnancy risk in the first place. A tender spot on your stomach could be due all sorts of things, but I don't see a reason to be concerned about pregnancy (though if the soreness continues, checking in with a doctor would be a good move).

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rldove13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only reason I am worried at all is because I am terrible at taking the weekend pils on time. The weekday pills are fine because I have to get up and go to school, but on the weekends I end up sleeping late. Does this greater my risk?

--------------------
Thanks so much!
Becca

Posts: 136 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

I'm sorry for bothering you again, but I noticed that my discharge has been very thick and white late. I read that that means you are on the infertile part of your cycle...could that mean being pregnant?

--------------------
Thanks so much!
Becca

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How late do you take your weekend pills? You want to aim to stay within a 3 hour window, but a pill is not actually considered late until it has been more than 12 hours. So as long as you don't sleep through the whole day, you're still fine. [Smile]

Do you chart your cervical mucus? Unless you've been doing that for a while, it's pretty difficult to say anything meaningful about this, because there's just nothing to compare it to.

But as Karybu said, there's really no reason to worry about pregnancy here in the first place.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.