Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I can't decribe the way I feel.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I can't decribe the way I feel.
MissConduct
Neophyte
Member # 30084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissConduct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to visit a guy a few weeks ago. We were supposed to meet at his house and go on a date. I've done this before and nothing bad ever happened.
When i went this time, this guy seemed completely normal. but eventually he like forced himself on me. I new him, and thought it would be okay i thought he was a safe person. I told this guy no numerous times, he knew I wasn't okay with moving fast. And basically he ended up holding me down by my arms at first, and the more i fought the more violent get got, and eventually by my neck. He didn't stop until I started crying and shaking excessively. and eventually said he didn't know why i was crying. I've tried to find hotlines, for rape victims but can't. I'm afraid to talk to guys now. I hate them. all of them. i feel so dirty and low.I can't explain it. its just random though I'll be fine, and then something will happen and I'm so far from okay. I don't understand. I've tried to find places where I live but idk if I can afford therapy, I have no health insurance. I just want this to go away.

Posts: 13 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through. It sounds like you already know this, but I just wanted to repeat it for emphasis: You are not to blame here, you are not dirty in any way, and it is completely normal to feel the way you are feeling now.

Have you been able to talk to anyone at all? A trusted friend, relative or mentor? If there is someone you can talk to about this, I would encourage you to do so, so that you can have someone there to support you and listen to you.

As for finding a rape crisis center, if you want to let us know where you are at in Florida, we can take a look around (you can let us know via the "contact us" button if you are not comfortable posting it here). Or, you can head on over to the RAINN.org website and use their search tool to find a center near you. You can find the search tool here: http://centers.rainn.org/ . They also have a hotline that you can call if you want to talk to someone.

And if there is anything else that we can do for you, just let us know, okay?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9187 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.