Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Please read! Worried ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please read! Worried ...
CountryColeLee29
Neophyte
Member # 61200

Icon 4 posted      Profile for CountryColeLee29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm still quite worried ... My boyfriend and I had sex for the first time last Sun. night (Apr.3). We tried the night before and it didn't go so well, it was uncomfortable so I made him stop. We used a condom and he pulled out both times/nights. The second night (Apr.3) he went all the way in (used condom/pulled out). I'm not on Birth Control (yet! veryy soon!) I woke up the next morning bleeding bright pink blood, completely mortified. I'm not due for my period until around Apr. 25th (it's always a little irregular). I haven't been feeling well, but it could always be a part of stress and freaking out. Is there any chance I could be pregnant, if so how much? Should I be worried. I'm a total hypochondriac and read symptoms for pregnancy and just tend to over exaggerate :/ I just need advice! Please anyone? Can someone explain why I would be bleeding the next morning or why I have random abdominal pains here and there? Thanks!
Posts: 9 | From: Maryland | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not only is vaginal bleeding not a typical symptom of pregnancy, pregnancy also doesn't happen that fast in the first place, so you can be sure that bleeding did not have anything to do with pregnancy.

Was any of the intercourse you had or tried painful? Were you using plenty of additional lubricant?

[ 04-12-2011, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CountryColeLee29
Neophyte
Member # 61200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CountryColeLee29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes we were using KY. I've been at work all day feeling sick because I think I've been overanalyzing this. Is it too early to feel sick? What should I do I'm a nervous wreck. Do you think I am pregnant?
Posts: 9 | From: Maryland | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CountryColeLee29
Neophyte
Member # 61200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CountryColeLee29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I didn't realize you had asked a question about pain. But yes, it was quite painful during most of it...
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since it was painful for you, it could be that you have some small abrasions from friction, or that your corona (what used to be called the hymen) was stretched a bit more than it has been up to this point.

You used two methods of birth control (condoms and withdrawal, and it doesn't sound like either of them failed, so pregnancy isn't something you need to be concerned about here.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CountryColeLee29
Neophyte
Member # 61200

Thank you for your quick response! So you don't think I'm pregnant? I've been having weird pains like cramps but everything I've read said its far too early to experience symptoms. And about the pain... I'm worried because I found a knot above my opening (sorry if that's TMI), I'm just very concerned about it. The knot goes away and comes back every now and then, and is the size of a pea. I just discovered it like a month and a half ago. I get sharp pains in my abdomen almost like cramps, when I'm not due for my period.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure what you mean by a "knot" near your (vaginal?) opening, but it sounds like that is something you want to have looked into ASAP. It could be a benign cyst, but if it's right by that opening, it could also be something you need treatment for, and also would have less pain if you got treated. For instance, something like Bartholin's cyst can be like that, and while it's unlikely to impact your health, those tend to be very painful sometimes and can just be drained so you don't have pain anymore.

While you're getting that checked out, you can also ask about your reccuring abdominal pain.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CountryColeLee29
Neophyte
Member # 61200

Thank you for your reply! The "knot" is under my skin and is not red or anything like that. If I push on it it hurts and moves a bit. I don't currently see it, like I said it just pops up every now and then. I'm still a bit worried about the possible pregnancy risk... I don't know what to do! My period isn't due for like another 8 days. I'm like still paranoid and it's the only thing i can think about.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.