Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Terrified - pregnant on BC?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Terrified - pregnant on BC?
desertroza
Neophyte
Member # 54038

Icon 4 posted      Profile for desertroza         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the information on here, it is really helpful! I have some unusual circumstances though and I'm hoping someone could help me with this. I'm 20, and I've been on the generic of the Yaz birth control pill for about six months now. My periods had been somewhat regular on this pill, they always came at some point during the placebo days but not always exactly at the same time. I have not missed any bc pills and I take them at roughly the same time every day (within a 3 hour window) which I was told won't compromise the effectiveness.

I didn't have sexual intercourse in 5 months until last sunday, during that I felt some pain and tightness, and my partner scratched the inside of my vagina with his fingernail at one point. We used a condom for the entire time he was inside me and there didn't appear to be any problems with it. This took place 5 days ago, on the seventh active pill day of my current pill pack. almost 2 days later, I had a spot of pink blood when i wiped, I didn't worry about it thinking it may just be from the kind of rough sex. But now I am getting my usual slight PMS symptoms - sore breasts, cramps - and I am spotting pink or brown blood just like the start of my period usually is! Since it is only my second week of active pills, I started freaking out and researched this, and thought it might be implantation bleeding though it still seems a little on the early side for that. Does this sound like early pregnancy or a side effect of the pills? Please let me know ASAP I am so terrified. I'm a college student, I keep late hours and don't have the healthiest lifestyle with lots of stress, and cannot even think of having a baby right now!! Your answers are GREATLY appreciated.

Posts: 1 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome,

You can relax; I do not see any pregnancy risk here. You have been taking the pill properly and using condoms. What you are describing does sound like your period. There are many reasons why a period can be irregular and you have said that you are experiencing some of the more common ones; stress, lack of enough sleep, and illness would be another one. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.