Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Sorry for posting again...PROBLEMS DURING PERIOD.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sorry for posting again...PROBLEMS DURING PERIOD.
frustrated_z
Activist
Member # 50652

Icon 4 posted      Profile for frustrated_z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I got my period on Monday, I was late. It had been 34 days since I had my last period. I had a lot of blood both Monday and Tuesday, but at the end of Tuesday (last night) I noticed I was bleeding less than usual, just drops of blood, then it stopped for a bit. When I woke up today (Wednesday) there was very little blood on my pad, then a lot of blood came out and I thought I was fine up to half an hour ago where I went and saw pinkish stuff on there, when I wiped there was a lot of goo-ey pinkish clear substance on the paper. Then I started to have normal blood again.

This has never happened to me, I usually have a lot of blood.

Oh, and I've never had sex, I've only been fingered.

I'm also having cramps right now.

I made out with my boyfriend and gave him a handjob, but he didn't ejaculate or anything. I also washed my hands three times after that. I went to the bathroom like 2 hours later to discover that very little (almost no) blood was coming out. I don't think this has anything to do with it though.

Today, I've had little drops of blood coming out, and when I go to the bathroom, a lot of blood comes out (sometimes in chunks).

Is there something wrong?

Posts: 43 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see any reason to think anything is wrong. Sounds like one of many typical variations with periods to me, even if this is new to you.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frustrated_z
Activist
Member # 50652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frustrated_z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I took so long, but here I am. I stopped seeing blood completely this morning (today would have been the sixth day). Ever since the second day, blood would only come out when I was either really active (running, walking, making out, etc) or when I peed. If I was just sitting down, nothing would come out and stain my pad. Whenever I peed, a lot would come out, usually in blob form, and then I would drip a little blood. Yesterday I barely had any blood, but brownish stuff (I'm guessing it was blood) was present whenever I wiped. I was so focused on this, that I peed like 10 times just so I could check myself. I'm guessing I stopped today then. I'm kind of creeped out since I looked it up on Google (something I know I shouldn't be doing cause I can be a bit of a hypochondriac)and a lot of forums implied that I could be pregnant or have a serious problem. I'm not sure if I read the right things though, and now I'm worried again that there's a small chance that I could be pregnant.
Posts: 43 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frustrated_z
Activist
Member # 50652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frustrated_z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and I don't know why, but yesterday I felt like a lot of air was passing through my vagina. I think the term is "qweef"? I'm not sure. At first I thought it was blood, but when I checked there was nothing there. It only happened when I was sitting down.
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you still cannot let go of the idea that you are pregnant, despite a period and not having had a risk in the first place, the best I can do is implore you to see a doctor or take a pregnancy test.

Again, I don't hear you having said anything in all of these posts that suggests a pregnancy. But clearly, us saying that isn't making a difference, so you obviously need to try a different tactic.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frustrated_z
Activist
Member # 50652

I'm sorry, like, I know I'm not pregnant, but I have this fling of worried-ness that won't go away. I guess I'm just exaggerating.
Heather
Member # 3

Okay, but if it just won't go away, it's clear you need to do something to help yourself around this that you aren't doing yet. So, again, the doctor is one tactic. Or, you could go absorb yourself in something that you enjoy and feel good about, too. What are your plans for the next couple weeks? Are you in school or do you work?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

frustrated_z
Activist
Member # 50652

Well, I'm in school, but class doesn't start till January 11, and since my car doesn't work I spend all my time at home putting things into my head, worrying myself.
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about finding some things around the house to do then, or taking walks, cleaning, exercising, movies, anything you like to do?

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.