Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » No menstruation yet, confused.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No menstruation yet, confused.
zombiegoree
Neophyte
Member # 49845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zombiegoree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been here before, but I just have one more question. I posted on here about my being scared of getting pregnant from wearing leggings, underwear, and a tampon since it was the last day of my period and my bf was wearing shorts. I was told that I don't have any reason to believe that I'm pregnant and that I didn't have anything to worry about to begin with. I just have something else to ask, I believe you when you say I have nothing to worry about and I also had my period normally in November. But I ovulated later in my cycle this time; it happened a week before I was expecting my period and I haven't gotten it yet. I was suppose to have my period somewhere from the 7th-10th of December and it's the 12th and all I have is thick cm. My cervix is low, firm, and open, but still nothing. I've been stressed because of a lot of things and I know stress can push back a period, so is it safe to say that I'm not pregnant and that I haven't gotten anything yet due to my stress? Or maybe because I ovulated late, I'm going to get my period later? I'm just confused since I haven't gotten anything yet.
Posts: 12 | From: Philly | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I ask how you chart your fertility? You're referencing cervical position, but are you also doing daily charting of your cervical mucus and basal temps, and then looking at at least a few months of charts, which you have the skills to analyze accurately?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zombiegoree
Neophyte
Member # 49845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zombiegoree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started to chart my fertility recently. I've been checking everything from my cervical position to what type of cm I'm seeing, but I only started to actually write things down at the beginning of November. I always knew that I got my period around the 7th-10th and I always felt cramps around the 22nd-24th with egg white cm so I assumed that was when I was ovulating. But this time I had the cramps around the 27th and the cm at the same time and I'm late on my period.
Posts: 12 | From: Philly | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so until you have about three months of charts to analyze, it's just not sound to figure you know when you're ovulating just yet, okay? I don't know anyone who works in teaching women fertility charting that would say otherwise. So, I'd let go of this for now (the idea you know when you're ovulating), especially since all it seems to be doing is freaking you out.

Periods being a few days later in each given cycle isn't at all unusual. When were the dates of your last three periods before this?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zombiegoree
Neophyte
Member # 49845

Okay, I'll chart more and see how everything is.

The last three dates were the 10th in September, the 8th in October, and the 7th in November.

Heather
Member # 3

So, Sept- Oct you had a 29 day cycle, then Oct - Nov a 32 day cycle. So far, you're at day 36 then, which may indeed be a little late (and sometimes we just skip), but still within the same deviation of the 29 to 32 cycle. So, I'd not sweat it, especially since again, you didn't have a risk in the first place.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

zombiegoree
Neophyte
Member # 49845

Okay, so do you think it's just me stressing about everything? It's not just this that is stressing me out but this is of course the major stress in my life right now.
Heather
Member # 3

I couldn't say, since again, I'm not even seeing you past the deviation of your last cycle. In other words, it doesn't even look like your period is late right now.

But I most certainly can say that if the scenario you described was your only possible pregnancy risk, it wasn't a risk at all, so you can be very sure this is not about pregnancy.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

zombiegoree
Neophyte
Member # 49845

Oh, I thought my period was late but since you say it doesn't look like it is that's reassuring.

That was the only risk, nothing else has happened since. Thank you so much for everything. So it's safe to say that I'm not pregnant, correct? It's just something else causing whatever is happening?

Heather
Member # 3

Yep. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

zombiegoree
Neophyte
Member # 49845

Thank you! You've helped me a lot. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.