Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » unprotected sex/birth control pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: unprotected sex/birth control pill
scare17
Neophyte
Member # 45037

Icon 5 posted      Profile for scare17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take my birth control pills on regular time everyday for the first 2 weeks on Monday my 3 week ( last week of active pills) I forgot to take my pill then had unprotected sex , came home and I took my missed pill ( this all happened on Monday) What are the chances of pregnancy?

--------------------
Vanessascare17

Posts: 28 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How late did you end up taking your pill? If it was no later than 12 hours after your pill time, you don't need to worry about it compromising the effectiveness.

If it was later than that, as long as that happens no more than once per pill pack, you should still be okay. But having more than one late or missed pill in one pill pack will likely affect your protection, so you'll want to be extra careful to take the rest of them on time.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scare17
Neophyte
Member # 45037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scare17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I usually take it at 11am that Monday I ended up taking it at 9pm close to the 12hours deadline other than that I take my pills on time, am pretty sure that am covered just needed a smart answer [Smile] and this is my last week of active pills I should be getting my period by next week [Smile]

--------------------
Vanessascare17

Posts: 28 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because you took all the others on time (and you'll want to make sure to continue to do so) and it was less than 12 hours, as Joey said you're still covered.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.