Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » help please :/

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help please :/
yellowskittles
Neophyte
Member # 49533

Icon 9 posted      Profile for yellowskittles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I just registered for this forum and I'm thankful something like this exists.

I've been on LoesterinFe24 for the past 3 months. I've never missed a pill and for the last month I've taken each active pill at exactly 10pm every night. Two weeks ago my boyfriend and I engaged in foreplay but didn't have sexual intercourse. He came at one point and I think some pre-ejaculate got on his fingers but he fingered me after. His penis was also around my vagina a lot, but never inside (I'm a virgin).

For the first two months, I had withdrawal bleeding the second day of taking the placebo pills. However, today is the fifth day of placebo and I still don't have any bleeding. Is there a chance I'm pregnant? I'm getting minor cramping feelings but no breast swelling or any other symptoms that I usually get.

Is it possible to not have a "period" while on the pill? I'm really worried!

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I also took the anti-inflammatory drug Naproxen for straight days while on the pill which was during the time I engaged in said foreplay. Can this make the pill less effective?

[ 10-23-2010, 03:06 AM: Message edited by: yellowskittles ]

Posts: 2 | From: LA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The situation you describe only has a minimal risk due to genital contact. But since you're on the pill and taking it as directed, there's no reason to worry about that.

Even on the pill, our withdrawal bleeds can sometimes be late. And if this is only your third month on the pill, late or missed bleeds can still be due to your body adjusting to the hormones.

While Naproxen will not affect your protection, being ill can have an affect on your cycle. The stress of illness can delay bleeds. So if you've been sick, that might also be a reason for the late bleed.

If you're still worried about missing your withdrawal bleed, you can also just go ahead and take a pregnancy test, which should ease your worries.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yellowskittles
Neophyte
Member # 49533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellowskittles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the quick response.

The Naproxen I took wasn't because I was ill, but because I had pain/inflammation in my muscles that has been going on for a really long time (but I recently took the drug to treat it).

Also, I've had two midterms this past week and I've been really stressed out about those, and have gotten little/irregular sleep for the past week. Might this stress also have an effect? And if I completely miss my withdrawal bleed, is that normal too?

Posts: 2 | From: LA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Untreated inflammations can cause stress for the body, as can midterms and lack of sleep. So, either of those may be the reason your bleed is late. Or, there may be no reason at all: sometimes that just happens, even when you're on the pill.

One missed bleed isn't a big deal. If you miss two or more bleeds in a row, it's a good idea to call your gynecologist, just to be safe.

And, again: a pregnancy test can ease your worries.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.