Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » am i pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: am i pregnant?
mini moose
Neophyte
Member # 48377

Icon 9 posted      Profile for mini moose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i had sex for the first time with my boyfriend on august third. at first it was unprotected and he didn't cum in me. when he put the condom on i got nervous and worried that he could have pre-cummed and not have noticed. the day after i went to get the morning after pill. three days later after i took the morning after pill i had a little small drop of blood on my panties. my friend told me it was because of the pill and i think so too. a week later after my first time with my boyfriend we were in the mood for sex again but we didn't have protection. he did enter me but only for about three minutes and he said he didn't pre-cum or anything. i believed him and we decided to end it there. the Friday of that week i was masturbating and when i looked at my hand i had blood i thought i started my period but i didn't. the bleeding stopped in less than five minutes. i have really strong cramps like i would the days I'm on my period. could i be pregnant? please help. I'm not due for my period till this Sunday. i had sex on days that i wasn't fertile. if that helps a bit.
Posts: 4 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you chart your fertility every day, and feel like you can interpret those charts well? If not, it's not sound to assume we know when we are or aren't fertile.

What you are describing here is that you've been using the withdrawal method, which is one of the two least effective methods for preventing pregnancy, but still is 73-96% effective, that higher figure being for perfect use.
You also used the MAP that one time, which is very effective used within 24 hours.

Any time we have penis-in-vagina sex, pregnancy is possible. How possible it is has to do with fertility -- which many people can only guess at -- and what birth control method or methods we were using and how well.

It sounds like it's more likely you will not become pregnant than that you will, but if your period is late or weird, I'd go ahead and test.

But it also sounds like you're having a hard time having sex in a way where there is a birth control method you feel protected by. Is that right? If so, want to talk about how to make that clear to your partner and to set boundaries around this so you're not taking risks you don't want to?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mini moose
Neophyte
Member # 48377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mini moose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah i don't honestly feel protected by condoms and i don't feel like i have a mind set to using birth control pills. I'm very forgetful and i would rather not have a period one month then to months later not. i do want to make him know that I'd rather not use the withdrawal method since it isn't very effective but i don't really know how to talk to him about protection.
Posts: 4 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there are way more methods than those three. Why don't I toss you a link to look at your options, and we can talk through any you like tomorrow?

Here's that link: Birth Control Bingo!

Per talking to your partner, do you feel able to talk with him about sex, period? How about serious/challenging topics in general? Is he supportive and caring during tough conversations? A good cooperator/negotiator?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mini moose
Neophyte
Member # 48377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mini moose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the link I'll read it now.
yes he is we have talked about it and he kept asking me every time we had sex if i was sure about it or not and kept asking me if i was ok. he's really supportive and caring. he can be very cooperative.

mini moose
Neophyte
Member # 48377

i think i might go on the pill and have him use condoms. i talked it over with him and he agreed its best to play it safe and reduce our risks of a pregnancy. thanks for the link =)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.