Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Worries of Pregnancy!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worries of Pregnancy!
Emmipookins
Neophyte
Member # 36275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emmipookins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I just had sex, we were both virgins, and he only brought one condom. About an hour after we used the condom we had sex again with out a condom and he pulled out after a minute at the most. This was yesterday, 14 days after my period. I'm slightly worried about the risk of pregnancy because of the previous ejaculation and the place I am in my ovulation cycle. Should I be worried? Should I take Plan B or am I fine? [Confused]
Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unprotected sex always presents risks both for pregnancy and for STIs. If he did not ejaculate, the pregnancy risk is slightly smaller, but still there.

Since this only just happened, you still have ample time to get EC. It's effective for up to 120 hours after the risk.

If you and your partner aren't up to date on your STI tests, you'll want to schedule appointments for that, too.

For the future, if you do not want to become pregnant, you'll really need to use protection more consistently.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bg
Neophyte
Member # 46966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex, and he didn't pull out. I'm not fertile, but are my chances of getting pregnant still incredibly high? I'm scared because it was my first time having sex...
Posts: 2 | From: California | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean by "I'm not fertile"?

With unprotected sex with ejaculation, it's always best to assume that you have had a high risk of pregnancy, and to act accordingly. So, if you do not wish to become pregnant, you will want to consider obtaining EC. That can be effective for up to 120 hours after the risk. If it's already too late for that, all you can do is wait until you can take a test, at 10-14 days after the risk.

Unprotected genital contact also poses a high risk for STI transmission, so if you two aren't up to date with your testing, you'll want to take care of that.

If you're just getting started with having sex, is there any way we can help you find out what methods of protection will work for you?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.