Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I'm worried im pregnantand i didn't even have sex.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm worried im pregnantand i didn't even have sex.
laura90
Neophyte
Member # 44182

Icon 4 posted      Profile for laura90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, my boyfriend and i were fooling around, we started dry humping... but one thing led to another and before i knew his pants were off. I was wearing cotton panties, and they were...wet, to say the least. I can't remember if there was any pre-cum on him, but i know for sure he didn't ejaculate. So my question is, can i be pregnant from dry humping? I had panties on, he was naked. I'm confused and i don't know if i should go buy the emergency pill or not. Oh...and to top it all, i stopped menstruating 3 days ago. :/ HELP!
Posts: 35 | From: chicago | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey snjhf,

Welcome to Scarleteen! [Smile]

From what you describe, it sounds like you either have no or a very low risk of pregnancy or STIs. Therefore, you probably don't have to worry about getting Emergency Contraception. However, please check out the following link and let me know which situation pertains to you.

http://www.scarleteen.com/pregnancy_risk_assessment_dry_sex

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laura90
Neophyte
Member # 44182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laura90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont know if it's any of those situations in the link you provided. My panties were wet, and he rubbed his naked dick against my vulva, i think he was dry for the most part...but i can't be totally sure considering i was really wet. I'm worried some pre-cum somehow might have soaked into my panties and then onto my vagina, i'm really worried sick.
Posts: 35 | From: chicago | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Just to clear something up from your title - while you did not have intercourse, you did have sex.) If you had your underwear on the whole time, and he did not ejaculate (and you didn't have any direct genital to genital skin contact) then it's falls under this one:

"You MAY have a low risk of pregnancy. More significant is the risk of Sexually Transmitted Infections.If it has been less than 120 hours since your risk, you may obtain emergency contraception. If it has been greater than 10 days since your risk, see your health care provider as soon as possible for a pregnancy test and an STI screening."

If you haven't done so already, you should both have an STI screening done just to be sure.

[ 09-27-2009, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Stephanie_1 ]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laura90
Neophyte
Member # 44182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laura90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
do you think i should get the pill ?
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It really depends on how much of a risk you're comfortable with. Nobody can make that decision for you, only you can depending on how much of a risk you are okay with. If you want to lessen any risk you did have, then that's an option for you.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laura90
Neophyte
Member # 44182

Icon 9 posted      Profile for laura90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay, i am 4 days late. im freaking out i shouldve taken the pill [Frown]
aimlbee
Neophyte
Member # 44441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aimlbee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was fingered by my boyfriend and i blowed him on the 2nd last day of my period. he did not ejaculate and as far as i remember only i touched him down there and i did not penetrate or touch myself with my fingers. my period is late by about 5-6 days, i feel very bloated which is unusual and i hav slight but constant back pain. i do get backpain usually on the day of my period but it is more intense and doesnt last this long. am i possibly pregnant??
Posts: 7 | From: australia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aimlbee
Neophyte
Member # 44441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aimlbee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was fingered by my boyfriend and i blowed him on the 2nd last day of my period. he did not ejaculate and as far as i remember only i touched him down there and i did not penetrate or touch myself with my fingers. my period is late by about 5-6 days, i feel very bloated which is unusual and i hav slight but constant back pain. i do get backpain usually on the day of my period but it is more intense and doesnt last this long. am i possibly pregnant??
Posts: 7 | From: australia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(aimlbee, your question has been answered here ).

snjhf, you can take a pregnancy test now that your period is late and get an accurate result. Once you've done that, you're more than welcome to come back here and talk about options if you are indeed pregnant.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleFlowers
Activist
Member # 44455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleFlowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In response to snjhf's situation.. I'm a little confused. I had a similar situation except that I was in very thin underwear and flannel pj pants. My boyfriend was in his underwear. There was no ejaculation. I was told that I didn't have a pregnancy risk and was also further told that the only realistic risk would come if there was only a really thin barrier between the both of us and he ejaculated on or near my vulva region.

If there was no ejaculation and seemingly no leak through of pre-cum, how can snjhf have a pregnancy risk??

Thanks-

--------------------
<3 littleflowers

Posts: 101 | From: United States | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Littleflowers, this area is for staff and volunteer replies online.

snjhf said that she was only wearing panties and that that was the one layer was thin.

We made it clear that she had a very low risk, if any risk at all, pointing out that she could obtain EC if she was not okay with any risk.

Does that make sense?

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.