Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Worried!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried!
sonare_girl
Neophyte
Member # 42414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonare_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey!
So I'm sure you've heard this question a million times before but I guess I just wanted to double check, cause I'm kinda paranoid.

I am currently taking Alesse(started in November) which I have been taking perfectly(same time every day)except for last month where I was sick and accidently took two placebo pills instead of my regular ones (oops!) but I talked to my doctor and she told me just to wait for 7 days into my pack before having sex again which I did. This month my boyfriend and I had sex a few times, and each time he wore a condom(put on correctly, lots of lube) and didn't actually cum inside of me. But now I'm on day 3 of my placebo pills and my period is MIA. Should I be worried about pregnancy??? Can you miss your period while on the pill?? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated [Smile]

Posts: 5 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen. [Smile]

Just to clarify, you took the two placebo pills by accident in your previous pack of pills, or the one you're finishing up now?

I ask because a mix-up like that could throw your period off a bit, so if it happened in this most recent pack that's one reason your period could be a bit late. It's also very common for your bleed not to start on the first day of your placebo pills; often it takes a few days for the level of hormones in your body to drop to a level that will trigger your period.

If you like, you can take a pregnancy test for the peace of mind, but you've really not had a risk here.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonare_girl
Neophyte
Member # 42414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonare_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I took the 2 placebo pills in my previous month (Feb) and I just finished my March pack. I also got my period so thanks so much, it must just be my body adjusting to the pills b/c I always started on the 1st or 2nd day of the placebos. Thanks so much for the speedy response Karybu! [Smile]
Posts: 5 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.