Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » BC and pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BC and pregnancy
Camp52
Neophyte
Member # 39680

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Camp52     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am worried Plan B won't work for me. The first day of my last period was July 15, 2008. I had unprotected intercourse with my fiance on August 3. The unprotected intercourse was just a few unprotected inserts. He actually did not cum until about 10 minutes later (through oral sex) from the last time he inside me. Unfortunately, our desires got the best of us and about an hour later we were fooling around again and he put it in me a few times. Yet, this time he did not ejaculate at all. I took Plan B about 11 hours later and the second pill 12 hours later. However... I am worried I am around ovulation time. I know the risk is low for pregnancy, but I do know it only takes one sperm and there was that clear fluid coming from his penis while we were fooling around. I am worried Plan B won't work if I already ovulated a few days prior or even 24 hours prior to the unprotected intercourse. I am highly stressed as I do not want to be a pregnant bride and hate that I let my desires in the moment cloud my thinking. I don't understand how I seem to lose all common sense when in the moment. P.S. we are trying to hold of sex until we are married and this was the only time we had unprotected intercourse since my last period. And HIV and STD's are not a risk with us as we have both been tested as we are getting married.
Posts: 2 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamonds4lucy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamonds4lucy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there, Camp52- welcome to Scarleteen.

I understand that you're worried: however, you did take Plan B very soon after unprotected intercourse and, additionally, your genitals were only exposed to pre-ejaculate, not semen.

Also, know that Plan B works in several different ways: depending on when in your cycle it's taken, it can delay/prevent ovulation, make the uterus less hospitable to implantation, and/or inhibit sperm/egg movement. Emergency Contraception sums things up pretty nicely.

While you did have a risk, I hope that knowing how Plan B works will help ease your worries a bit.

--------------------
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams.

Help Support Scarleteen!

Posts: 446 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camp52
Neophyte
Member # 39680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camp52     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the quick response, Well I am mostly worried because I was around ovulation time... I have read that sperm can get to an available egg within 30 minutes. Plus he did not urinate in between. Therefore, anything left over from previous time was still in his uretha most likely. I have also been reading studies about how plan b mainly works by preventing ovulation and there are not really any conclusive studies otherwise. I am due for my period in 3 days and I took Plan B a week ago. I have started to get sore breasts and I have been have slight cramping the past two days. I am hopeful this is PMS but I know it could also be implantation cramping.... I wish I would have know all this before I lost my head...
Posts: 2 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.