Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question
echo45
Neophyte
Member # 38558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for echo45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had sex with my boyfriend about 12 days ago with condoms. He did not ejaculate and the condoms never broke. At one point, however, he proceeded to finger me, touch himself, and then went back to touching me. I'm almost convinced there was pre-ejaculate on his hand, but I'm not fully sure if there was anything at all. I wanted to know if this situation poses a serious pregnancy risk. I tend to be normal with my menstrual cycle, and am supposed to get my period in the next 2 or 3 days but I have been incredibly paranoid and have been worrying tremendously. I also haven't been experiencing any of my typical symptoms before I get my period. I'm not sure if this added stress will have an effect in delaying my cycle.
Posts: 2 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless your partner's fingers were dripping with fresh semen, you did not have a viable pregnancy risk here. You had a low risk of pregnancy from that as well as an STIs risk.

Stress can definatly affect your menstrual cyles so it is entirely possible that your period will be delayed because of that.

If you're really worried though about pregnancy, then you can always take a pregnancy test. It should be accurate either on the first day of a missed period or 10-14 days after your risk. [Smile]

[ 05-22-2008, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
echo45
Neophyte
Member # 38558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for echo45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand that you're saying I have a low risk, but would you have recommended I take EC in a situation like this? Do I have a lot to worry about because of what happened? Thanks for the help!
Posts: 2 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at this point it's too late for EC anyway. EC is effective up to 120 hours after your risk only and it's now 10 days since your risk.

As I said, your pregnancy risk was low so I wouldn't be extremely worried but you can always just make sure you're not pregnant by taking a pregnancy test.

[ 05-22-2008, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.