Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » im scarreeddddd

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: im scarreeddddd
Erik
Neophyte
Member # 37161

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Erik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
situation: i was with my girlfriend today and at one point i touched a little bit of precum, but i wiped it off with a tissue and washed my hands, but without soap. i went throughout the rest of the day as normal, things with my hands and all, i even washed my hands again, but again without soap. then about 3 and a half/4 hours later, i fingered my girlfriend. there was no sign of any semen on my finger, and i figured that all the sperm would have been wiped off or dryed and died by now. are me and my girlfriend at risk for pregnancy? if so how much? we're both 15 and we dont have any access to EC, if we would need any. please help ease my mind, thanks!
Posts: 7 | From: fingering | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's absolutely no risk from what you describe. Even if there had been sperm on your hand, it can only survive in an inhospitable environment for about 20 minutes, and you wiped and cleaned your hands several times. So you can take a deep breath and relax [Smile]

(Welcome to Scarleteen!)

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik
Neophyte
Member # 37161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Erik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awwww thank you so much for the advice, this website is very helpful
Posts: 7 | From: fingering | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik
Neophyte
Member # 37161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Erik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well would you recommend us using EC based on our scenario and our age (15) sorry for bothering you, im just really paranoid
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. It's impossible that any sperm you might have had would have survived that long, it's just not going to happen. There's just really no need for EC here because there's not a risk.

Advice: Can dried ejaculate get me pregnant?

If you're this concerned about it, then it might be a good idea to consider whether or not you and your partner are really prepared for sexual activity or you need to talk about what you are comfortable with and what steps you need to take to protect yourselves to a level that you are comfortable with (for example, using condoms whenever you are sexually active in any way so that everybody keeps their own fluids contained or using gloves for manual sex). You might want to check out the following:
Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist
Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To
10 of the Best Things You Can Do for Your Sexual Self (at Any Age)
Be a Blabbermouth! The Whats, Whys and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik
Neophyte
Member # 37161

alright thank you guys very much, you guys really know how to comfort people.
Erik
Neophyte
Member # 37161

well what if i adjusted myself a little before i fingered her and i got a little bit of precum on my finger? because i really cant recall if i did or not. how high of a risk would we be in if that did happen?
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For your partner to have a viable pregnancy risk, your fingers would have to be soaked with semen. So although there is a pregnancy risk, it would be low.

Here, you might want to check this out [Smile] :

What's the risk ? Easy pregnancy risk assessment

[ 02-23-2008, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik
Neophyte
Member # 37161

well my girlfriend just got her period today, a little less than 72 hours after the incident, and she says its been normal so far. this also means that she most likely wasnt ovulating during the incident, which i understand lowers the risk. Does her having her period throw out any chance of her being pregnant? sorry to bother you guys again, its just i feel i can trust you guys as a source of reassurance.
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She can't have a period and be pregnant at the same time, so it's safe to say that she isn't pregnant.

(No need to apologize. We're here to help [Smile] )

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.