Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » throwing up and bleeding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: throwing up and bleeding
Thijmen
Neophyte
Member # 35405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thijmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

I hope this is the correct area to post this if not... sorry please move it.
Well ever since about a week ago I've been bleeding.. you know down there.. After my father and the neighbour well they were reall rough this time. I've bled before but never this much and long. I couldnt even go to school at first because of it. Well not that it stopped them.. Anyways a few days ago he;d drunk way to much and just threw me into a wall and stuff i couldnt get away.. Anyways i've been throwing up blood.. or at least I think it's blood its like brownish color? since then. Since like thursday.
My stomach hurts pretty bad too. But.. maybe it will just need some rest and it will be ok again? I'm scared though.. what do i tell the doctor if i do need to go to one... not what really happened thats for sure.
Sorry i'm just a bit confused and scared about what to think and do... any input would be great!

Thijmen

[ 10-14-2007, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: Thijmen ]

--------------------
And I must be an acrobat
To talk like this and act like that.
And you can dream, so dream out loud
And don't let the bastards grind you down.

Posts: 11 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If what you are throwing up looks even remotely like blood, then you are looking at the possibility of internal bleeding and you absolutely need to get that treated. It will not go away on its own. You need to be seen by a doctor. I know that that is really scary, but at this point, your healthy really has to go first.

Is there any way you can get to an ER? Friends with a car, public transport, etc? Do what you can to get there. And worry about what you'll tell a doctor later.

(And really? I know that seems terrifying, but this could be an opportunity for you to speak up. If your father is abusing you and being violent to this extent, then being in that house is really not safe for you and you NEED to get out of there. If you tell that doctor in the ER what really happened, they would have to get the police involved and in all likelihood you would not have to go back to your father. It's a big step, but it's worth thinking about.)

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9010 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thijmen
Neophyte
Member # 35405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thijmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it might be from my stomach. Not sure.
I would have to make sure my parents arent home and the neighbour wont see me when I would try to get out of the house. I dont know if i cold make it to te bus though even though its only like 5 minutes away. It just hurts so much to walk to the toilet,e ven.
I can't tell them what happened.. they would kill me. I know it sounds paranoid and just what they want me to believe but i know they mean it.. Belive me i do.
I've been in a fosterhome befoer for about half a year or so before i could go back home and it really wasnt much better then this.
sorry for all the typing mistakes but i cant really focus so well right now.
thanks for the reply

--------------------
And I must be an acrobat

Posts: 11 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there anyone at that you can call for help? Someone who would be able to pick you up? Because if you cannot even walk to the bus stop because of the pain, then you really, really need help.

How old are you? I personally have never been in the foster system, but I have friends who have, and while it can be tough to find a good home, chances are good that you'd end up in a place that is not as detrimental to your mental and physical health as the place you are now in.

Right now, though, there is no point in discussing whether it would be better to stay with your folks or get the hell out of there as right now, you really just need to get to an ER. So, let's table that conversation until after you have gotten treated.

Get to the bus stop. Call a friend. Heck, call an ambulance. Just get medical attention NOW.

[ 10-14-2007, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9010 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thijmen
Neophyte
Member # 35405

I dont know what to do. I can't call anyone cause i dont have a celphone and i cant just use the normal phone without my parents noticing. I could maybe send someone an email though. But.. I dont know. i guess you're right but i really dont want people to know about this. I'm really serious when i say that it would have well... to put it mildly really bad consequences if i'd tell anyone. But.. yeah i dunno i guess you're right about the medical help i'm just not sure on how to do it

--------------------
And I must be an acrobat

-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If email is your only option then by all means, send an email! As September said, you need medical help immediately -- whatever you need to do to obtain it should be done.

I'm sorry you've had negative experiences with foster care, but speaking from experience, there ARE good homes out there. In any event, your home is obviously not a safe place to be so please try to keep an open mind about getting out of there.

That's not your big priority though: right now you need to find a way to receive medical attention.

--------------------
“I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns.” --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thijmen
Neophyte
Member # 35405

so well.. i emailed a teacher from school...
dont think she'll read it today anymore so.. just got to wait alittle. Almsot didnt send it .. typed and deleted it a milliong timese or so. well.. g^d this is soso nerve wracking.. but i guess ur right .. he wont even stop now .. goshh it just hurts so much its starting o scare me.. sorry i dunoo if im making sense, guessn ot.. orry. I'll try to make an update when something happens. Thanks for the rpless

thijmen

--------------------
And I must be an acrobat

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honey, if you are earnestly having tremendous bleeding you simply cannot sit around and wit for someone to tend to you.

I know it's hard to deal with all of this, but if you are having rectal bleeding which will not stop, you may be jeoparizing your health and life by not seeking medical attention.

If you can use the computer, but not the phone, you can likely seek out your local hospital and email them asking for emergency care. But you could also make a pretty quick 911 call before anyone could stop you.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67115 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thijmen
Neophyte
Member # 35405

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the advices.
The teacher from school came yesterday and took me straight to the hospital.
Lots of, some painfull, some embarassing tests and stuff followed.. They said there is interanal bleeding from the stomach, wich is what i was throwing up, but not to worry to much about the rectal bleeding.. They are gonna make me stay here in the hospital for the coming few days or so.. and deciding about surgery for both things..
They asked lots of questions but i'm not going to tell them about dad and the neighbour. I feel a bit better now though, physically, they gave me something trough an iv, i dont know what it is but it helps a little with the pain. Well.. thanks again and i will try and keep you uptodate but i cant be online as much here esp as i'm not allowed to get out of bed.

Thijmen

--------------------
And I must be an acrobat

Thijmen
Neophyte
Member # 35405

I thought I would give a little update..
I had some surgery on the internal bleeding last week, feeling much better now, or at least lots better then first. Said lots of bedrest but in few weeks should be ok to go to school again.. Like 2,3 weeks is not a long time but ok.
I get to go home sometime this week... But youthcare is now also meddling in this, they are all pulling at me... so guess will be surprise where i'll end up when I can get out of the hospital. Well.. anyway.. thought i would let you know. Thanks for the advices.

Thijmen

--------------------
And I must be an acrobat

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

It's good to hear that you got help and are feeling better! You had us really worried. And reaching out to get help was a very brave thing to do, so go ahead and feel proud of yourself.

I also hope that, when you get out of the hospital, you end up in an environment that's safe for you.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

Thijmen
Neophyte
Member # 35405

Got home today.
I don;t know if i can stay here though but they don't really got place to put me somewhere else anyways so i dunno... where i will end up eventually. i'm still sore everywhere though and i have to stay in bed for a while still.

Thijmen

--------------------
And I must be an acrobat

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.