Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » May be pregnant. Confused.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: May be pregnant. Confused.
Dee Clark
Neophyte
Member # 35490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dee Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfreind and I have been together for 4 months. We have never used a Condom and I didnt get on the pill. We had sex a lot but I was never really worried about it.
I had my period. And at the end of it I started having sex with my boyfreind again. 3 weeks later I found out I was pregnant. With twins! You ask how I cuold after three weeks. I miscarried them.
I guess my body wasnt ready for them. I miss miscarried in September 07 in the middle of the month. The last I time I had sex was Sep. 22.
I wasnt worried about being pregnant cause I had miscarried about week before then.
But I was then told it was still possible to get pregnant soon after a Miscarage.
Oct. 1 I got my period until Oct. 5 07.
I'm starting to have the same symtoms as when I was pregnant the first time. Only some are a little different.
I asked my mom about the Period thing and she said she had her period once in the first trimester when she was pregnant with my little brother.

I really dont know what to do or think...Please help me.

--------------------
~~Dee Clark is Figure Skating!~~

Posts: 1 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can get pregnant anytime you have unprotected sex. The only way to know for sure when you're fertile and not is to use fertility charting, which few young women have the patience for.

There are no pregnancy "symptoms" to look for this early; a pregnancy test is accurate 14 days after a pregnancy risk, and your body simply can't show pregnancy symptoms before it is signaled that a pregnancy exists through the hormone detected by a test.

Women don't have periods when pregnant, though they may have vaginal bleeding due other conditions. It is never to be considered safe or healthy until a doctor says otherwise; bleeding while pregnant is more often than not a sign of potential trouble.

All this said, it's time to start using a birth control method consistently or abstain. We can help you pick one out and talk to your partner about your contraceptive needs, but can only offer minimal help in the parenting readiness department.

[ 10-16-2007, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(And by the way, I'm compelled to add for the sake of correct information that the only reliable indicator of pregnancy is a positive test; if you didn't have one, you can't be sure you miscarried, as miscarriages that early frequently resemble normal menstrual periods. It's also impossible to differentiate between endometrial and embryonic tissue that early, let alone a twin pregnancy. A 3 week pregnancy is made of a mass barely the size of a pinhead.)
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.