Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » VERY VERY SCARED

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VERY VERY SCARED
lovethatkills
Neophyte
Member # 35398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovethatkills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'VE TAKING BIRTH CONTROL PILLS FOR A VERY LONG TIME LIKE A YEAR ALREADY.. THEN THE BEGINNING OF THIS MONTH I ONLY TOOK LIKE A WEEK AND I GOT NO MORE LEFT AND NOW I STOPED TAKING IT FOR 3 DAYS ALREADY AND BUT STILL HAD SEX WITH MY BOYFRIEND AND THIS MORNING I FIND MY SELF BLEEDING AND I HAD MY PERIOD ALREADY..??
IM REALLY WORRY IF I GOT pregnaN OR NOT..
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE WATS HAPPENING OR SHOULD I GO TO THE DOCTOR?? v_v

Posts: 3 | From: Toronto ON | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Call your doctor and highly consider obtaining emergency contraception. This should be taken as soon as possible after a contraceptive failure. Having a withdrawal bleed means very little in the way of pregnancy absence on the pill; when you have it during active pills, it can indicate you're unprotected if you've been taking the pills incorrectly or been sick.

In the future, you'll need to call the pharmacist who dispensed your prescription and ask how to get back on track instead of stopping your pills altogether, since this puts you at serious risk of pregnancy.

Until you figure out what to do through your doctor, use a back-up method whenever you have sex until your doctor gives you the OK to rely on the pill. We advocate teens use BOTH a condom and the pill every time for many reasons, this among one.

(And could you kindly make sure to post with care in regards to proper punctuation and grammar? We respond best and are able to help you better when we can read and understand your communication clearly. Thanks. [Smile] )

[ 10-06-2007, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In addition to what Lauren mentioned, I just wanted to add that EC is available over the counter in Canada with no age restrictions, so if you can get to a pharmacy today, that would be best. Just call ahead to make sure they have some in stock, and talk to the pharmacist to explain your risk.

[ 10-06-2007, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovethatkills
Neophyte
Member # 35398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovethatkills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT IS EC?
Posts: 3 | From: Toronto ON | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EC stands for emergency contraception. It's a regimen of hormones very similar to those found in birth control pills except in higher dosages. It works to help prevent pregnancy after unprotected intercourse or after a contraceptive method fails. It should be taken within 72 hours of a risk for maximum effectiveness. Like karybu said, it should be available at your pharmacy under the brand name "Plan B"; just make sure the pharmacist is on and the EC is in stock before you go.

(Grammar and punctuation means nix the caps; typing in caps typically is the Internet equivalent of shouting and can be considered very rude, though I'm certain it's not your intent. [Smile] )

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovethatkills
Neophyte
Member # 35398

sorry.. ><" didnt notice that..
but i just bought it.. hope it help.. thanx for all the comments.. XD

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.