Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » wierd bleeding, no period :\

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wierd bleeding, no period :\
jakepelosh
Neophyte
Member # 35204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jakepelosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok well i'll write down all i think there is that has to be said for an accurate answer. my girlfriend got her period August 31st, and it lasted for like 3 days, it started thursday night, and ended on sunday. after that we've hung out a few times, doing outercourse activites such as fingering and dry humping. i've asked here, and ive been told there is no risk from those activities, even with the dry humping with just her vagina partially covered by her underwear and my wet pants. i think we hung out wednesday sept 5, september 14th, and september 16th (today) on the 14th she started bleeding after we hung out. she thought it was her period and it turned out it wasnt. again, today, we hung out, and this time she started bleeding when she was humping me, and when i fingered her. she thought again it was her period and it turned out it wasnt. so what could it be? she has never in her life had this problem before. We've done these activities countless times and she has never bled from it before. she never has spotting, and she is very worried from it. she also has told me that she felt sick once and she has gotten stomach aches and headaches. is it possible that she is pregnant? what should we do?

--------------------
Jake.

Posts: 21 | From: bakersfield | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see any chance of pregnancy from the activities you've described.

Just because your girlfriend has never experienced mid cycle spotting before doesn't mean it'll never happen. Doesn't necessarily mean there's anything to worry about or anything wrong, either ... Sometimes womens cycles just aren't as regular as we'd like them to be.

Is your girlfriend worried she may be pregnant? This may be where her stomachaches and headaches are coming from.

I think you should try not to let this worry you. Young women have cycle irregularities (such as spotting) all the time. It is a fact of life.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jakepelosh
Neophyte
Member # 35204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jakepelosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i appreciate your reply to this thank you very much it makes things a lot better. the headaches and stomachaches are actually not the result of worrying, but she did have a restless sleep last night because she was worried about the bleeding and couldnt stop thinking about what could be wrong. maybe the aches are related. i can understand that spotting can happen in the mid cycle, that also calms my worrying down too. the one thing that i actually believe to be the case is abrasions from being too rough. today when we hung out i noticed blood on my pants. and when i fingered her there was blood on my fingers. but saturday she never experienced bleeding at all, so could it be that i may have been to rough and it was the fingering that may have caused the bleeding? the only thing that makes me not think that to be the case is that it hasnt happened before when we usually hung out.

--------------------
Jake.

Posts: 21 | From: bakersfield | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you were rough or had long/sharp fingernails, it is possible that could be the cause of the bleeding. I would imagine that this bleeding would be extremely short lived though, and not really resemble a normal period.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jakepelosh
Neophyte
Member # 35204

It was short lived, and she had only thought to have had her period because when she noticed blood she immediately assumed it was her period, but noticed a little later that the bleeding had stopped instantly when she had her tampon and pad. do you think it is necessary to take a test?

--------------------
Jake.

Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what? If you're this stressed out, just go ahead and take a test, for your own peace of mind. You had no pregnancy risks from what you've told us, but really, 10 bucks isn't such a bad price for a bit of peace.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jakepelosh
Neophyte
Member # 35204

im sorry im asking so much but this is actually the last question she was concerned about, i'm just trying to give her accurate answers to let her know its ok. alright then, do you think it would be accurate enough to take the test this week? and is the risk still nil if there was humping with just wet boxers on and her with very thin lacey underwear? those are the last questions and that will be all.

--------------------
Jake.

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please check our Pregnancy Risk Assessment page as requested on this sticky:

http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=003652

She can take a pregnancy test 10-14 days after the risk you're concerned about. It's best to wait closer to 14 days to be certain about the results. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jakepelosh
Neophyte
Member # 35204

if i refer to your sticky it says i have a risk from the activities i had explained before. so why is it you say that there isn't a risk, yet there is one on your own source?

--------------------
Jake.

jakepelosh
Neophyte
Member # 35204

ok well the pregnancy fear is away. so now just for the sake of knowledge, what are causes of girls bleeding from their vagina?

--------------------
Jake.

jakepelosh
Neophyte
Member # 35204

am i not allowed to ask anymore questions?

--------------------
Jake.

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can ask as many questions as you like; we just can't always keep up with everyone. [Smile]

You'll have to point out the inconsistency you see from the pregnancy risk assessment and whatever else you see contradicts it.

What kind of bleeding do you mean? If you need a rundown on how the menstrual (period) cycle works, check this out:

On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation

Otherwise, you'll have to be more specific. Is it spotting/light bleeding? When is it happening?

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jakepelosh
Neophyte
Member # 35204

thanks. well i'll start with the pregnancy risk assessment. it says that if there was a soaking of pre-ejaculate fluid or ejaculate that had gone through both layers, there is a pregnancy risk, yet there are other posts where the reply was no risk whatsoever. the graph does make some sense because i had wet boxers and she had lacey type of underwear, and if she was on top of me and pressing really hard on me (obviously, dry sex) where it was wet, the chances are her vagina could have come into contact with the moist spot. the only layers are boxers, which aren't so thick, and the thin underwear, that doesnt really cover 100% could you explain why this is still not seen as such a risk?

as for the bleeding question: we don't know what kind of bleeding it is. that is why she is so worried, because she has never spotted before. i know that just because it hasnt happened doesnt mean that a girl cannot experience spotting, but this had only happened when i was with her, she was actually bleeding when i was fingering her. what could have caused it? it seemed to be light bleeding because she had put in a tampon and the bleeding stopped shortly, causing her to know she didnt have her period.

--------------------
Jake.

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Okay, I think I can try to clear the air. [Smile]

We call it as we see it, initially, per pregnancy risk. You said that your shorts were wet and that she was wearing underwear.. unless ejaculate soaked through both layers and came into direct contact with her vaginal opening, there was nil to minimal risk of pregnancy. Only you can know for sure if that was the case, and it didn't sound like it was from your first post.

As for the bleeding, I would revisit Smurf's answer higher up. Fingering isn't exactly the gentlest activity all the time.. the fingers are naturally ridged and rough, hangnails happen, etc. If you weren't using additional lubricant/weren't up to par in the manicuring department, this could have caused a tiny cut or tear that bled, or you could have stretched her hymen.

Nothing to worry about, all in all, I'd say. [Smile]

jakepelosh
Neophyte
Member # 35204

yah ok ok ok thank you very much. yes, the only reason why i brought up the just boxers and panties thing is because when we were dry humping she was on top of my shorts but when i got up afterwards i noticed by shorts slouched down a little and the top of my penis, being covered by my boxers obviously,, was a little above the waist part of my shorts and i didnt know if she had dry humped that part too, which was wet, and i noticed her panties were lacey so i worried. what are the chances ejaculate can soak through both layers of clothing anyways?

--------------------
Jake.

jakepelosh
Neophyte
Member # 35204

ok my girlfriend is having more unusual things going on, she is now very very sleepy, she even fell asleep at work, and shes getting plenty of sleep tho. its really wierd, it freaked me out, what are the chances of sperm soaking through my boxers and her underwear?

--------------------
Jake.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jake, we already told you the chances.

At this point, if your girlfriend still isn't feeling right, it's time for her to just go see her general doctor for a general checkup.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68211 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jakepelosh
Neophyte
Member # 35204

but the symptoms that she is feeling, are they clues of pregnancy?

--------------------
Jake.

Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thing is, there's really no point in wondering if things are signs of pregnancy. First of all, symptoms generally aren't felt until a person is a couple of months along. Secondly, every single symptom can also be explained by something other than pregnancy.

So really, the only thing you can rely on to determine whether or not she may be pregnant is a pregnancy test.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jakepelosh
Neophyte
Member # 35204

based on the dates i provided and the current situation, do you think the pregnancy test will be accurate this monday? or when is a good day to rely on the test?

--------------------
Jake.

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

As stated above, she should aim to take a test 14 days after the last pregnancy risk. So if your last risk was two weeks ago Monday, the test will be as accurate as it's going to be then. [Smile]
jakepelosh
Neophyte
Member # 35204

ok ok so i guess she will take the test either monday or a week from now, gosh im really nervous to see the results, but you sure there is no risk from this at all? im really trying to believe there isnt a risk but i keep thinking about how maybe my boxers were wet enough to soke through her underwear or if i had a little pre cum on my fingers when i fingered her. just little details that i cant even remember! >_< gosh if everything is ok we plan on not doing this anymore, this is too overwelming [Frown]

--------------------
Jake.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.