Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » silly mistake, whats our risk?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: silly mistake, whats our risk?
gatsbyfan
Neophyte
Member # 32828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatsbyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend had just been licking the head of my penis and we were ready for sex. i put lubricant on the inside tip of the condom, per your instructions. as i started rolling it down i realized that had it on inside out so i switched it. it was already covering my head.

anyway, i couldnt tell what was the drops of lube, her saliva or what was on the tip of my penis that touched the outside part of the condom that would later go inside her.i had not ejaculated from what i could tell, and i dont know if i had any preejaculate mixed with with her saliva and the lube i had put on the inside of the condom.

im worried that maybe i could have cum or maybe even had precum on the tip of my peniswithout noticing and that got on the condom before i flipped it inside out. what would you say is my risk?

cliffs- precum, saliva, and lube on inside of condom while i was putting it on backwards. i flipped it inside out and put it on again. whats my risk?

Posts: 18 | From: houston, tx | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If, in fact, there was pre-ejaculate on the outside of the condom when you had intercourse, then there may have been a low risk of pregnancy.

If this happened with the last 120 hours, and your partner is not comfortable with even that level of risk, she might consider emergency contraception.

Next time, obviously, if you have something like that happen, you want to toss that condom out and use a new one instead.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatsbyfan
Neophyte
Member # 32828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatsbyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and licking it off/non spermicidal lubricant mixed in with the pre ejaculate wouldnt lower that risk? her period is crazy and ended last friday
Posts: 18 | From: houston, tx | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I'm afraid licking it off wouldn't change anything, nor does non-spermicidal lubricant kill any possibly active sperm. Neither regular lube nor slaiva are spermicides.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.