Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Missed and late pills

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Missed and late pills
Siloriel
Neophyte
Member # 29920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siloriel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so, I just started college, and part of orientation was a backpacking trip. We left on Monday morning and returned Wednesday night. Tuesday night, in my tent, I discovered that I had forgotten Monday's pill, so I took Monday's and Tuesday's right then, because it was my normal pill-taking time.
Saturday morning, after we were back, I woke up and realized I had forgotten to take Friday's pill (I take my pill at 12-2 am, and I read here that a 'missed' pill is over 24 hours, and this was just about 7 or so.)
Saturday afternoon, I had sex with my boyfriend without a condom and he came inside me. I took my Saturday night pill on time, which was the last one before the first of the spacer week.

I'm not entirely sure where this question falls in terms of "am I at a high pregnancy risk", so I thought I'd ask you lovely people.
Thanks for your time.

Oh, and I should mention that I've been on the Pill for 2 1/2 years and been pretty damn close to a perfect user the entire time. It's just this college thing that's throwing me off.

[ 09-02-2007, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Siloriel ]

Posts: 8 | From: WA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being a bit late on just one pill in your pack really won't compromise the effectiveness of your pill, especially when you've been taking the pill correctly for so long. So, no need to worry about pregnancy from this situation. [Smile]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siloriel
Neophyte
Member # 29920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siloriel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, thank you. I thought it might be a bit different with the combination of a missed and a late one.

Thanks!

Posts: 8 | From: WA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.