Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Ohio: Consent of Sex?

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ohio: Consent of Sex?
Member # 33299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saranay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I have been reading everywhere and I am really confused and need some help. I am 16 and my boyfriend is 22. We have been dating for almost a year now. We did not do anything until my mom was okay with us dating. We recently had sex and someone reported us for it and was brought up to him by a sheriff who asked him to come in. They asked if he was sexually involved with me and he refused to answer any questions until he talked to a lawyer. Everywhere I looked it says age of consent for ohio is 16. Why are they messing with him about it? Are all these websites wrong? We made sure we checked on this and we were going to wait longer but we decided not too. Now I am afraid he will go to jail. Please explain to me how the law works in ohio since it is obviously not 16 that is the age of consent in ohio like these last 10 websites I checked said. In fact I cant find anything that says otherwise [Frown] this really sucks
Posts: 3 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please remember that according to the guidelines you agreed to when you signed up here, making multiple posts of the same topic is not allowed. I've deleted the multiples of this that you posted in other forums. Continuing to post in this manner (making multiple posts) will result in the suspension of your posting privileges. We're volunteers here and we answer as quickly as we can, but you MUST be patient.

Your best bet is going to be to call a lawyer. We are not legal experts here, and since this is clearly something that has already caused some trouble, you should get legal advice from a registered lawyer in your area. While the info you find on the web is generally a good starting point for research, in serious matters actually calling a professional is always best. (I'm sorry we can't offer a better answer for this question than that, but it really is safest to contact genuine legal counsel in this case.)

Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3