Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » BC PROBLEM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BC PROBLEM
rawr
Neophyte
Member # 28258

Icon 11 posted      Profile for rawr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, im in a really depressing mood right now. my girlfriend said she thinks she pregnant. she finished all her color pills and she havent even gotten her period yet. im so scared right now i dont know what to do. i know if she goes to a doctor theyre just going to tell her to wait a few days and then theyll find out but i just dont know what to do. abortion? or not to i know if she does get it aborted imma live with a regret of my life and i dont know what to do. please advise me on what to do. i feel so helpless...
Posts: 33 | From: orange county | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long has your girlfriend been on the pill? The first few months of pill use can often leave withdrawal bleeds wonky or absent.

She usually won't get a bleed until she's been off the active (colored) for at least a few days. You can choose to either wait for her period, or she can take a pregnancy test 10-14 days after your last risk.

You seem overly anxious about this, given this is among a number of times you've posted worried about pregnancy. Why not discuss with your girlfriend the benefits of perhaps using another method of birth control to back up her pill use, for your peace of mind?

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rawr
Neophyte
Member # 28258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rawr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she just told me she saw a llittle bit of bleed and it stopped is that a sign that she is pregnant? omg...
Posts: 33 | From: orange county | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rawr
Neophyte
Member # 28258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rawr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shes been on the pills for a good 6 month...and youre question its cause this never happened before...
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's probably just a bit of spotting before she gets her period. That's a sign that everything's okay. She can still take a pregnancy test to make sure if it's been 10-14 days after the last risk.

Whatever happened, though, to your resolution to practice safer sex? You've been told countless times that you can avoid scares just like this one by simply putting on a condom. If you can't handle that, or if even two methods of contraception can't put your mind to rest, it's time to seriously reconsider whether or not you're ready for intercourse.

From the Guidelines:

We may state that we will no longer answer a given user's questions on a given topic if:
• that user has already been answered, in depth by one or more staff and volunteers, but continues to ask the same question,
• has had more than THREE pregnancy scares and/or STI scares we have addressed but continues to take risks which present those scenarios after we have advised a user at least three times as to how to practice sex more responsibly

In accordance, we will no longer reply to your posts on pregnancy scares, since we've already provided you with all the information you need to choose to prevent them. We will be happy to address all other concerns or questions you may have.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rawr
Neophyte
Member # 28258

thank you. sorry for the bother of the same questions..

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.