Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » problems with my behind--this is pretty urgent!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: problems with my behind--this is pretty urgent!
Griffin
Neophyte
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Griffin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, this is really embarassing, so please just bear with me. On Monday or Tuesday, I was wiping and I noticed a good deal of blood on the tissue [I always look at the tissue to see if I'm spotting]. I put in a tampon and left for class. Later in the day I wiped again, and there was more blood. The tampon was completely clean! So I figured I must've been wiping my behind too much or too hard, and tried to lay off for a while.

I've been doing that all week, but it doesn't seem to be doing any good. But that's not what worries me. On Wednesday, I had a bowel movement, and there was lots of stuff that looked like menstrual blood in the toilet, and I'm absolutely *positive* that I wasn't menstruating.

I'm a virgin, and haven't been having anal sex [!!!], so that can't be it. All of this coincided with my first same-sex date, which was Tuesday--could it be a stress reaction??? Could I have eaten something that looked like blood???

Please help!!! I'm mondo freaked out about going to the gynocologist about this, since I moved away to college in January.

[This message has been edited by saint (edited 02-28-2003).]

Posts: 3 | From: Washington State | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's not really any good reason to believe this is sex-related, and there's certainly no reason to be embarassed. We've all got butts, right? However, since blood in the stool can be a sign of some pretty serious things, and it seems very unlikely that something you ate would both look just like blood *and* continue to do so for several days, I'd suggest you make a doctor's appointment ASAP. I really couldn't tell you what this is, but once you've started on making arrangements to take care of yourself I'm sure you'll be able to stop stressing out quite so much.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost
Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Griffin
Neophyte
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Griffin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This hasn't happened since friday morning. Should I still be worried?
Posts: 3 | From: Washington State | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check out this theread about bleeding anuses http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum27/HTML/002382.html LilBlueSmurf has some very pertinent info.

Also, the bleeding could be as simple as tearing (in which case the blood would be bright red -- see Smurf's post in the other thread for details). If your stools are hard, your anus can tear during #2. The way toremedy this is to eat more fiber and drink more water. Otherwise, if you continue to let your anus tear, you can wind up with hemorrhoids.

------------------
Universal Law #4721: Any joke can be made funnier with the word "goatf**ker." Corollary, any story can be made more entertaining by adding a few ninjas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.