Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » omg...help me please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: omg...help me please
punkpill
Neophyte
Member # 8269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for punkpill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi....maybe im just paraniod...the last time me and my bf had sex was 8 days ago......we used a condom and it didnt rip or anything....i was supposed to get my period on saturday.....i havent yet......and im terrified that i might be pregnant. i have slight cramps and back pain liek i get during my period but there is no blood yet......after the first time we had sex.....2 weeks ago........ i bled lightly fofr about 3-4 days.....was that my period?.....or juts my body getting used to sex......im so confused and i dont know wat to do......please help./////////
Posts: 6 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The bleeding after sex was likely spotting from some stretching or erosion of your hymen. It's normal, it happens, and your body doesn't need to "get used to sex." There is simply often tissue there around the opening that gets little tears in it.

Chances are you haven't gotten your period because you're so scared and stressed out. Do see if you can relax some. if you used a condom for ALL genital contact, the whole time, and it did not slip off or tear, you can rest assured it was 100% effective as birth control for you.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.