Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » scared and i need some info...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: scared and i need some info...
roadrunner
Neophyte
Member # 12042

Icon 4 posted      Profile for roadrunner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey i need some information...im really scared...

today my boyfriend and i were making out and he took off my clothes and i took off mine, and we had already decided to not do anything like sex until we were older, but all of a sudden he was inside me...i don't mind really but im just scared that i'll get pregnant...he didn't come inside me or anything..he didn't even come at all...and he was only in me for about 30 seconds...but see before that he had already come cuz we were having manual sex..can anyone tell me what i should do??? im so scared... please help..

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's long enough to create a pregnancy.

So, if you do NOT wish to become pregnant, what you do -- as soon as possible but no later than 72 hours from now -- is obtain Emergency Contraception , which you can get a pprescrption for at Planned Parenthood or other sexual health clinics, your own doctor or an ER. The sooner you do that, the better chance it has of being effective.

You both have also now had an STD and STI risk, so now is as good a time as any to get started with annual sexual healthcare and testing in the next month.

Understand that there is no magnetic pull between the vagina and the penis (though it can feel that way). While perhaps it was sudden for you, at least one of you had to have known what you were doing for any penetration to happen. In other words, you made a choice there. Before you make that choice again, the two of you need to sit down and talk about birth control, safer sex, and your individual limits and boundaries.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68032 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roadrunner
Neophyte
Member # 12042

Icon 4 posted      Profile for roadrunner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok im so scared, i don't know where the planned parent hood place is in our city or anything...does it make a different that he had come like half an hour earlier?? before we started to do it?...does that still make me at a high risk?? help..
Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, that he had very recently ejaculated puts you at a higher risk than if he had not, because it makes it more likely there was sperm in his preejaculate or on his penis.

You can find your local Planned parenthood with your zip code right here: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/ZIP.HTM

In the article I linked you to was also the EC site which lists local providers.

I assure you, I understand you're scared, but you're going to be a lot less scared by doing what you can to prevent a pregnancy you don't want before the fact, and luckily, EC allows you to do just that. So, breathe and make some phone calls.

------------------
Heather Corinna

-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68032 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roadrunner
Neophyte
Member # 12042

oh god im so scared now...im never going to do this again...I don't live in the US, so that site isn't much help. I live in canada. What would you reccomend? Going to a doctor or a clinic??? And Do i have to even take a pregnancy test or should i just take the contraceptive...will it work??? And if i do go to a doctor or a clinic is it confidential?? i really dont want my mom finding out... oh god oh god...im so scared..
Heather
Member # 3

Here is the info for PP in Canada: http://www.ppfc.ca/

You can also just see your GP, and yes, it is confidential.

They can't give you a pregnancy test now, because it is much too soon. EC only works if you are NOT pregnant. Conception isn't something that happens instanntaneously, which is why it can work for up to 72 hours (and sometimes, five days).

Again, breathe. Make phone calls.

------------------
Heather Corinna

-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

roadrunner
Neophyte
Member # 12042

ok im going to go see my doctor...i'm in bc, and it turns out there is NO clinic in victoria...which is where i am...my friend and i are going to go to my doctors...since it's only been like and hour and since we're going to get the contraceptive very soon will i get pregnant?? I m so scared still..i don't want this to happen...
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sooner you get emergency contraception, the more likely it is to be successful.

So, yes. Go ASAP if you do not wish to become pregnant.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Maypole/The ties that bind you will unwind/To free me one day/And everything decays..." - XTC, "The Wheel and the Maypole"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://ec.princeton.edu/providers/index.html

Scroll down, type in your location, and you'll be given a list of providers.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost
Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.