Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » i'm a little scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i'm a little scared
Christa
Neophyte
Member # 12074

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Christa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend and i had sex on tuesday, february 11th, for the first time.... it was a spur of the moment type thing but it wasn't one i will regret. we didn't have a condom at the time, but we couldn't resist temptation. I'm aware that we should be tested... but im not concerned with that at the moment...

I'm on ortho tri cyclen lo and have been for three full packets on the 7th. before that i was mistakenly on ortho cyclen for 2 months... and before that i was on ortho tri cylcen for 11 months and had no problems. when i mistakenly took ortho cylen i received terrible cramps and consulted my doctor and he decided it wouldnt hurt me to try ortho tri cyclen lo. He has mentioned somethin several times about how it takes my body 3 full packets to adjust to the pill.... i was wondering if that was true with different types of the medicine.

I was supposed to start my period yesterday (i started the green pills on friday but it never came before sunday). i am bleeding now, but i have been since saturday, febuary 22nd. I have been looking around trying to find if this was a warning sign of pregnancy or not and i have read a couple of different things saying that bleeding before my period could be a sign, because of the newly fetalized egg implanting itself into the wall of my uterus or something of that sort. but this scared me and i was wondering if there was anything you could say to convince me more on either way because im not too sure what to think about this right now.

Posts: 2 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 4 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is something you need to talk about with the doctor who prescribed you the pills, ASAP. it may be a reaction to the dosage in the pills, but it is probably not implantation bleeding if it has been going on this long.

Bleeding over a week is generally a sign that something needs to be looked at, especially since this medication is new to you.

Please make an appointment with or call your doctor.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Maypole/The ties that bind you will unwind/To free me one day/And everything decays..." - XTC, "The Wheel and the Maypole"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christa
Neophyte
Member # 12074

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Christa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my mother called my doctor and they think it is the medicine also, but where i have just recently became sexually active, i have not yet told my doctor, and this is because i do not want my mother to know. my doctor called in ortho tri cylen for me and i am to start it saturday. is there a good chance of it being pregnancy though?
Posts: 2 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, because we don't know how well the birth control has been working for you - especially since the bleeding may mean dosage problems - there's really no way to know until you

-wait till a baby comes out or
-wait 10-14 days from your sexual activity and take a pregnancy test

And one more thing: it's very important to tell your doctor what's going on, and that you are sexually active. Your doctor should not tell your mother, especially if you make it clear that you do not want her told.

However, it would be a good idea to let her know what's going on with you, because moms have a way of finding out, and it's going to be much worse if she catches you than if you do the mature thing and tell her yourself.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Maypole/The ties that bind you will unwind/To free me one day/And everything decays..." - XTC, "The Wheel and the Maypole"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.