Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » what could it be

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what could it be
up_up_away
Activist
Member # 8961

Icon 4 posted      Profile for up_up_away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know is hard to diagnose over the internet and stuff. But me and my boyfriend don't get to the doctor that much,but we try.But every time we have sex lately it hurts when he enters. I am fully aroused and wet and i've been having sex for a while.so it shouldn't be because i only had sex once or twice. Then even when i haven't orgasmed yet,my clitoris gets real sensitive but painful and he can't touch the outside as well as the inside of my vagina cause its very painful. It doesn't exactly burn but it kind of stings and burns a little bit.And i am getting really nervous and worried. is this normal?could it be an std?
Posts: 57 | From: Cincinnati Ohio United States | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you using condoms (it might be a latex allergy to the condoms)?

Have you recently started or switched to a different brand of lube (it might be an allergy to one of the ingredients in the lubricant)?

Have you noticed any other changes in your health that might indicate some kind of infection?

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
up_up_away
Activist
Member # 8961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for up_up_away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we don't use condoms but ever since these symptoms occured i have been having symptoms of a cold but no cold. and my appetite is really weird. after i eat i get hungry about 5 minutes later and its like a painful hunger.but i'm not sure if it has anything to do with it though.
Posts: 57 | From: Cincinnati Ohio United States | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you need a trip to the GYN, girl. Yes, it could be an STD or STI or a vaginal infection like BV or a yeast infection. Any kind of recurring soreness, stinging, burning or the sort of pain you're decribing is reason to not pass go, not collect $200 and get to your gynecologist or sexual health clinic.

When you're there, do be sure to be honest about being both sexually active and having had unprotected sexual intercourse (or other unprotected activities).

Your other symptoms may or may not be raleted -- but do bear in minnd that having one infection or illness taxes your immune system and makes you more prone to get others. So, for instance, if you have an STI, you're more likely to catch a common cold than you would be otherwise.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.