Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » not sure if i got her pregnant...help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: not sure if i got her pregnant...help!
desperateenough
Neophyte
Member # 11757

Icon 4 posted      Profile for desperateenough     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had sex with my girlfriend on january 25 and i got a condom... and i didnt even come inside her... i just ejaculated out. but she is supposed to have her period on feb.5, now is feb.7... is she pregnant?

by the way the first time we had sex, she was just delayed and that freaked me out.

is it possible that it is just her tendency to be delayed when she is penetrated????

this is freakin us out of our brains and im hopin that u could help us asap.... please...

Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/preg_risk_piv.html

The flow chart that we have which I've linked to says that you have a moderate to high risk of pregnancy, based on what you've told us. We can't tell you for sure, for certain whether your girlfriend is pregnant. Only pregnancy tests can come close to doing that.

Now, you say that you're freaked out, and that you were freaked out after the last time that this happened. There's a lesson in this for you. You need to start using condoms! And, as you've both had unprotected sex, you'll probably want to get a full STD/STI screen.

I know, this is the worst time to be lectured about this stuff, but if you want our help, you're going to have to take the lectures, too. Good luck!

------------------
You can twist his body 'til it faces backwards/Those plastic features/You could make somebody a pretty little wife/But don't let anybody tell you how to live your life.
-Elvis Costello, Tear Off Your Own Head (It's a Doll Revolution)

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She can take a pregnancy test now.

If it comes out negative, she can wait a week. If she doesn't get her period, she can take another pregnancy test a week later.

Good luck.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Maypole/The ties that bind you will unwind/To free me one day/And everything decays..." - XTC, "The Wheel and the Maypole"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desperateenough
Neophyte
Member # 11757

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desperateenough     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks but i was wearing a condom...
Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, good for you for wearing a condom, that's a great way to protect yourself from disease and pregnancy. From the link Dzu left you above:

quote:
Did you correctly use a condom (putting the condom on before any contact between the penis and vaginal area, holding onto the base of the condom during withdrawal, and removing the condom with the penis well away from the vaginal area) for penis-in-vagina intercourse?

If you DID USE A CONDOM, then you have a LOW RISK of pregnancy.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and no, being penetrated will not delay a period. I suggest you check out some of our other articles around here to learn about periods, reproduction, and protection.
Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
is it possible that it is just her tendency to be delayed when she is penetrated????

Nope, but stress can make periods late. If the condom didn't leak or break, your risk of pregnancy is extremly low, but if having penetrative sex stresses you out so much, you might be better off doing other things.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

Danny says Relax.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for misunderstanding yer post. Even though it might be cold comfort at this point, I say good on ya for wearing a condom!

------------------
You can twist his body 'til it faces backwards/Those plastic features/You could make somebody a pretty little wife/But don't let anybody tell you how to live your life.

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desperateenough
Neophyte
Member # 11757

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desperateenough     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you guys... but i am still really concerned that she is pregnant... she keeps on saying that she has some feeling that she is pregnant...

if it is extremely low risk, then it means that there is still the possibility...

sorry but i still feel really bad... when will she have her period? i dont know what to do... i really need full support... i wish u would reply...

Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

I'm sorry, my friend. There isn't much else that we can do. For your sake, I think we can all hope that she isn't pregnant...

She should take a pregnancy test. Like I said, that's the only way that you'll get a good idea. Unless you're not having any kind of sex, then there's always going to be some kind of pregnancy risk.

------------------

desperateenough
Neophyte
Member # 11757

thanks... atleast i got myself calmed... i just hope she would be too... im goin to buy a home-pregnancy tester to know what is the real truth... il be visitin this page and i really appreciate your support... i hope all of u would still be replyin on my updates... thanks!
desperateenough
Neophyte
Member # 11757

can i ask u guys sumthin? is the pregnancy test accurate??
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi desperate,

home pregnancy tests are pretty accurate when they are taken at the right time, i.e. when the period is already late, and when they are taken correctly, i.e. when the instructions on the package are followed to the t.
Home Pregnancy tests are pretty much equally accurate as urine pregnancy tests done at the doctor's office.
Docs can also do pregnancy tests measuring the hormone hcg (produced once a fertilsied ovum has attached to the uterine lining early in pregnancy) in blood, and these can detect lower levels of hcg than urine tests.

For more on preggie tests, check out

WebMD: Overview: Home Pregnancy Tests
Babycenter: Are Home Pregnancy Tests accurate?

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: (In response to being asked to fight a troll) "I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desperateenough
Neophyte
Member # 11757

Icon 6 posted      Profile for desperateenough     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey!!!! the HPT said she is negative!!! thanks guys!!!!! u did a great help and i wouldn't forget u!!!! thanks a lot really!!!
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear your girfriend took a pregnancy test. Should her period not turn up in the next week, she should take another one to confirm the negative result you got with this first one.

Now in regards to what you two can do to lower your chances of this stressing out happening again: Have you two thought about getting a second method of birth control?

Condoms used correctly offer good protection from both pregnancy & stds, but teaming up condoms with a hormonal method like the pill offers better protection.
It is not advisable to practise withdrawal when using condoms, because you might higher your risks of the condom failing when hastily withdrawing. If condoms aren't enough protection, team up with a good, reliable method, which withdrawal quite simply isn't.

I'd recommend that you check out the following articles here at the site for some more info:

Margaret Sanger’s Disneyland - An easy chart of your birth control options

A Simple Condom Primer

Ready or Not? –The Readiness Checklist

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: (In response to being asked to fight a troll) "I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.