Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » *worried if i'm pregnant*

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: *worried if i'm pregnant*
jerzychica02
Neophyte
Member # 11725

Icon 4 posted      Profile for jerzychica02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on january 17th..he pulled out and came on the sheet right in front of me, very close to my vagina and i'm 90% sure that none got in me but that 10% is killing me. I have had sex with him 5 times now and have used a condom every time..except that one..i went to the clinic the next day, and they were closed. i went the next day and they were closed again. the next day was the 20th, and they were closed for martin luthar king day. it had been 72 hours and so i realized i cannot use emergency contreception anymore. i got my last period on january 31st, but before that i got it on december 25th making me 5 days late on my last period. It is february 3rd and i havent gotten my period yet..i am worrying and can't stop stressing..please....any advice? thank you
Posts: 6 | From: bayonne, new jersey, united states | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even if he did withdraw before ejaculation and none of his ejaculate got near you, withdrawal is not an effective method of contraception, since pre-ejaculate contains more than enough sperm to get you pregnant.

quote:
got my last period on january 31st, but before that i got it on december 25th making me 5 days late on my last period.

If you got your period on January the 31st (and it was a normal period, not just spotting), then you aren't pregnant (even if the period started a few days late). If you're still worried, you can always take a pregnancy test.

However, I'm not sure why you say:

quote:
It is february 3rd and i havent gotten my period yet.

if your last period started on January the 31st (which was only 3 days ago).

If that was a typo and you haven't had your period since the unprotected sex, then you need to go take a pregnancy test right away.

And since the sex was unprotected, you will also need STD/STI testing (which is a good thing to have anyway if you're sexually active).

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jerzychica02
Neophyte
Member # 11725

Icon 10 posted      Profile for jerzychica02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PRAISE THE LORD! i just got my period! i will NEVER have sex without protection again! that was so naive and dumb..thank you for you're advice..i made an appt. to get birth control today also so along with that and condoms, i will hopefully never get a pregnancy scare again HERES SUM ADVICE GIRLS, never do the whole "pull out" before he cum's..waiting and wondering if you're pregnant is HORRIBLE
Posts: 6 | From: bayonne, new jersey, united states | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you for making an appointment! Just make sure that you tell them that you need a full STD screen too. And get your boyfriend to get an appointment, he'll need to be screened too!

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.