Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » HELP!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP!!!
born_teen
Neophyte
Member # 11698

Icon 11 posted      Profile for born_teen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and me have discussed the topic of having sexual intercourse, but i've never dont it before and am not too secure. I really want to but i am not sure when i am able to because at the moment i have my period. When would be the safest for my boyfriend and me to do it without risking me of becoming pregnant or anything else??
Posts: 27 | From: shanghai, china | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "safest time" is when you are using contraception and practising safer sex.

Really, there aren't any magical "safe periods"; it's possible to get pregnant and contract or transmit an STD at any point in your cycle.

Check out these articles to help you decide if you are ready to have intercourse or not, and to make sure you have the information you need to keep yourself safe if you do decide you are ready:

Ready or Not? –The Readiness Checklist
First Intercourse 101
Safe, Sound & Sexy – A Safer Sex How-To
Margaret Sanger’s Disneyland - An easy chart of your birth control options

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As well born, if this is the man you were talking about in your last posts, you might want to slow down.

I was under the impression the two of you weren't even dating yet and hadn't had much more than very casual friendly contact.

When someone like that starts talking about intercourse from the get-go, it should set off some warning bells: namely, that thay may just be looking to get into your pants.

Not all men far older than much younger girls are just out for sex, however, it isn't uncommon for older men to look to young girls sometimes when they're just curious, looking to score, or when they know an older girl or woman would know better.

If I've misunderstood the situation, I apologize, but if not, stop and think. It just sounds so far like this relationship had not at all progressed to any point where it'd be normal to start talking about sex together.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.