Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » What's going on?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's going on?
Strawberry_Kiwi
Neophyte
Member # 2679

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Strawberry_Kiwi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey... I'm have a huge problem here. Okay I started my period when I was in the fourth grade.... It can on one time while I was in the fourth one time while I was in the fifth... two times in the sixth and about 3 mabe four in the seventh and so fourth... I have never had a regular period my period skip months in between. Yes I have went to the doctor about that and she said it's normal up until I get a certain age...I strongly remember her saying when I turn sixteen it should be regular... Now I am sixteen and the last period I had was October 31 if not longer than that.. I'm scared because I have heard that dif this happen for a long time I would become sterile and unable to have children is that true? Another thing for the pass two months I have had some seriou spotting to the point where I would have to wear a pad. Pantie liners won't work. My panties get very soiled and it has little grayish streaks in it... What's going on? I wash every day and by noon time I have a very distintive odor and I'm starting to get worried. I haven't had my period...I'm not pregnant...Not even sexually active...Only thing that goes on is spoting very long periods of spotting I know it not my period because it lasts more than five days (the usual)... THe point is I'm sixteen and I have had only 20 menstrual cycles at the most 23. I have very distintive ordor and dark yellow and greyish discharge.... What's going on?
Posts: 5 | From: Columbia, SC, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need to see your doctor right away, It's very possible to get vaginal infections without ever having been sexually active, and that's what unusual discharge and a strong odour would usually indicate. There's a good chance that what you have is easily treated with antibiotics, so make that appointment today, please, it's time to get better.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

It was a good lay. . .

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's time to go back to the doctor. Tell her everything you told us and see what she says. Since it's been five or six years it is unusual for your cycle to be this irregular. Dark yellow and grayish discharge is also atypical.

However, none of this means you are definitely infertile. Bring it up at your appointment though -- your doctor will be able to determine this.

Definitely get this checked on.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strawberry_Kiwi
Neophyte
Member # 2679

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Strawberry_Kiwi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks alot...I have a appointment in March on the 5th to see the GYN. I hope Ia'll be fine by then... Thanks for sharing your wisdom
Posts: 5 | From: Columbia, SC, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 4 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If this is indeed an infection, and it sounds like it might well be, that's way too long to wait for an appointment. Likely it will not go away by itself, and it may very well get worse.

Can you see your regular doctor, a nurse, or go to a clinic sooner than that?

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Maypole/The ties that bind you will unwind/To free me one day/And everything decays..." - XTC, "The Wheel and the Maypole"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.