Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » im such an idiot!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: im such an idiot!
awlk2rmbr_02
Neophyte
Member # 6764

Icon 9 posted      Profile for awlk2rmbr_02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow..i thought that i would of learned from the last time i had sex without a condom..but me being so stupid..i didn't! I just had sex 3 times without a condom..I feel so bad! I have no way of getting to a clinic and I don't even know where to begin! I guess I'm just looking for some help and maybe even some comfort. Can you get pregnant from pre-cum? Thank you.
Posts: 7 | From: Phoenix, Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry gal, but you landed yourself in a spot of trouble. yes, you can get pregnant from pre-ejaculate fluid. your risk for geting pregnant or picking up and std is *high*

okay, you might not be able to get to a clinic today, but you really need to get to one in the next 3 days so you can get emergency contraception. call 1.800.800.PLAN to make an appointment with Planned Parenthood. Or call your regular doctor. Or go to the emergency room. Get a friend to take you. get your boyfriend to take you. Take a bus. Take a cab. you can get there.

and on the way back, get some condoms and lube. learn to use them. otherwise, if you honestly can't take care of your health (can't go to the doc, can't buy condoms, can't get birth control, can't get std screens on a regular basis), then you probably aren't ready to have sex.

------------------
According to the experts, I am some species of badass.

[This message has been edited by Gumdrop Girl (edited 01-28-2003).]

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest, no one who is responsible and caring will comfort you for choosing to put yourself at risk -- three times, no less -- well after you knew better. Sorry, lass, but we're not about to say, "Poor dear, it'll be okay," when it well may not be and you CHOSE to act destructively and foolishly, again and again, especially after coming here and getting answers the first time.

Yes, yes, and yes, for the millionth time pre-ejaculate can get you pregnant. And since you didn't ask but should have, your risk of sexually transmitted disease and infection is even higher. Sugar, with millions of US teens walking around with STDs and STIs right now, where do you think they're getting them from? That's right -- same way you're going to end up in that boat if you haven't already.

If you had a way of getting into someone's pants, you have a way of getting to a clinic, esp. in a major city like Phoenix. Busses and taxicabs are there. You get on up and you take one.

if you do not wish to become pregnanct, you go to a clinic, doctors office or ER and get emergency contraception. Soon, you go get tested for STDs and STIs. Most importantly, you sit down with yourself and figure out if you're ready for sex -- because if you can't control yourself and make choices you know you should be making? If you can't keep condoms handy and use them everytime, AND be able to get regular sexual healthcare? You aren't.

You aren't stupid, but you're sure making stupid choices. Even if you were stupid, that isn't a ticket out of accountability. You knowingly are making bad choices. It's just as easy to knowingly make good ones. That's all in your power.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awlk2rmbr_02
Neophyte
Member # 6764

Icon 5 posted      Profile for awlk2rmbr_02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if i was to go to the ER..would they tell my parents? also..in order to get the EC pill what do the doctors do?

Posts: 7 | From: Phoenix, Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, they would not likely do that, but you have to not worry about that right now regardless. After all, if you become pregnant, your parents will certainly find out. If you acquite an STD or STI, your parents would likely find out -- again, when you made thse choices, you took those risks.

To boot, becoming pregnant is about a whole lot more than getting in trouble with your folks, lass. It deeply impacts your life and potentially that of a child.

A doctor will need do little at all. You simply tell them you had unprotected sex, they may ask a few questions in general about your health and many medical conditions, then they write you a prescription so you can obtian it.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.